Multiple Installations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

Andy Brown -> Multiple Installations (10/17/2012 8:45:49 AM)

Is it possible to install the game more than once on the same computer?

I'm trying to set up a vanilla install for PBM and a second one for mods. Is there a recommended way to do this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

rickier65 -> RE: Multiple Installations (10/17/2012 4:52:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

Is it possible to install the game more than once on the same computer?

I'm trying to set up a vanilla install for PBM and a second one for mods. Is there a recommended way to do this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Any,

Yes, you should be able to do that without any problem. We did have some issues with Map Maker in multiple installations, but those have been resolved.

One thing you should note is that both installations will share the same Registry entry, this means that the startup configuration settings will be shared between the two installations, changing the resolution, etc in one setup will result in the other setup using that changed configuration.

Thanks
Rick

eniced73 -> RE: Multiple Installations (10/17/2012 7:33:40 PM)

You could always use this: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1773663

I use it for multiple games.

Mad Russian -> RE: Multiple Installations (10/18/2012 4:11:15 AM)

Note too that the game can be modded through JSGME and you can set up your PBEM directory when you set up the game. You really don't need two copies of the game running for that.

Now, if you are doing testing for your own mods, that's a different story.

Good Hunting.

MR

Andy Brown -> RE: Multiple Installations (10/18/2012 10:05:42 AM)

Rick,

Thanks for replying. It was probably the registry thing that was confusing me. I'll take another crack at it.

Where does one get this JSGME thing? The link to the supposed homepage is 404-not found.

Thanks,

Andy

rickier65 -> RE: Multiple Installations (10/18/2012 4:16:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

Rick,

Thanks for replying. It was probably the registry thing that was confusing me. I'll take another crack at it.

Where does one get this JSGME thing? The link to the supposed homepage is 404-not found.

Thanks,

Andy

Glad to help. And I also use JSGME mod enabler in addition to having multiple installations on my system. I just did a quick check and it looks like the Jonesoft site is not longer up. You might find a site using Jones Soft Mod Enabler.

Thanks
Rick

Richie61 -> RE: Multiple Installations (10/18/2012 5:07:55 PM)

JSGME:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483/JSGME.7z

Andy Brown -> RE: Multiple Installations (10/18/2012 8:13:58 PM)

Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI