SPwaw on CD for Newbie? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

daktari -> SPwaw on CD for Newbie? (12/15/2002 5:41:55 AM)

I am really interested in trying out SPWAW as I was a big fan of Steel Panthers in my pre Windows XP days.

Problem is, I have a dial up connection and downloading 350 MB would take forever.

(I work for US Govt overseas and cannot get broadband at home)

Does anyone sell it on CD? Could anyone (for a nominal fee) send me a copy if they have it?

Thanks a bunch (in advance)

Daktari

Jim1954 -> (12/15/2002 6:00:37 AM)

Best way to accomplish that is to buy the megacampaign Operation Watchtower from Matrix. There is a copy of SPWAW on it.

:)

Tiger -> Re: SPwaw on CD for Newbie? (12/15/2002 11:52:32 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by daktari
[B]I am really interested in trying out SPWAW as I was a big fan of Steel Panthers in my pre Windows XP days.

Problem is, I have a dial up connection and downloading 350 MB would take forever.

(I work for US Govt overseas and cannot get broadband at home)

Does anyone sell it on CD? Could anyone (for a nominal fee) send me a copy if they have it?

Thanks a bunch (in advance)

Daktari [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to burn you a copy. PM me and we'll work out the details.:D

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (12/15/2002 9:16:35 PM)

Tiger you make us proud.

I sure am glad to be among the crowd that knows how to make sure our game is the most well supported.

Tiger -> (12/15/2002 11:10:11 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]Tiger you make us proud.

I sure am glad to be among the crowd that knows how to make sure our game is the most well supported. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm just thankful to have a game like SPWAW to share! After the hundreds of hours of enjoyment playing this game, how could I NOT share the wealth. I'm privileged to be a part of this crowd.

tracer -> (12/16/2002 12:43:27 AM)

I remember those 'dial-up' days. In '99 I had lost SPWAW and a forum member burned me a copy and had it at my door in 2 days...thanks again Don Doom! One thing a new fan will never lack is support.

Bing -> (12/16/2002 10:05:20 PM)

Same here, back when I had a slow dialup a fellow SP over in Traverse City burned a v6.1 CD for me, even put a nice colored label on it. I've seen SPers do as many as 25 CD's at a time and distribute. We have a great group of gamers here, the best I've known.

special thanks to Tiger and welcome to the new player.

Bing

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI