Amph Assaults (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

visigoth -> Amph Assaults (11/2/2012 2:02:55 PM)

Is it better to have a massive fleet for these type of assaults or alot of smaller tfs .
2- do you include Hq units like II Amph assault hq unit or not ??

thinking of invading marshall islands

visigoth- thanks again

Gridley380 -> RE: Amph Assaults (11/2/2012 2:25:50 PM)

Fewer task forces make command & control easier, but larger TFs increase the odds of collisions.

I like to have a few BB as shell magnets in each amphib TF. They seem to work just fine regardless of TF size, so the more TFs the more you're taking off the covering force gun line. Can't prove this one, but that's how it seems to work for me.

So its a tradeoff.

HQs do help (assuming they're prepped for the objective). A corp and amphib HQ will each provide a different bonus.

bigred -> RE: Amph Assaults (11/2/2012 3:39:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

Fewer task forces make command & control easier, but larger TFs increase the odds of collisions.

I like to have a few BB as shell magnets in each amphib TF. They seem to work just fine regardless of TF size, so the more TFs the more you're taking off the covering force gun line. Can't prove this one, but that's how it seems to work for me.

So its a tradeoff.

HQs do help (assuming they're prepped for the objective). A corp and amphib HQ will each provide a different bonus.

Has the HQ amphib bug been fixed? (if a HQ landed w/ an amphib the Hq would become fragmented, usually losing the original commander)

n01487477 -> RE: Amph Assaults (11/3/2012 1:46:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

So its a tradeoff.

Has the HQ amphib bug been fixed? (if a HQ landed w/ an amphib the Hq would become fragmented, usually losing the original commander)

Only in the beta ...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI