Nov 2nd any Updates? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

k9mike -> Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/3/2012 1:31:20 AM)

Hi Erik. Was wondering if you had any new info to share with us...Screenshots, trailers, etc....
Thanks.
Mike

Richie61 -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/3/2012 7:06:36 AM)

Ditto. Plus are we ready to pick beta testers? [sm=character0267.gif]

meskary -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/4/2012 1:13:46 AM)

Triple....Any news would be good news, at least I hope!

fran52 -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/5/2012 8:01:53 AM)

Quadruple.....Can we hope to buy the game before the end of the year?

undercovergeek -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/5/2012 7:35:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: acropora

Quadruple.....Can we hope to buy the game before the end of the year?

no - release is 2013 [:(]

wodin -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/5/2012 8:58:50 PM)

He released a pic a week and info on the FB page but that stopped..I asked what happened...didn't get a reply.

Vilhjalmr -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/5/2012 9:07:07 PM)

Do you fanboys ever bother to look through this forum at all???

"With luck it'll be out this year, but I'm not promising a release date." - Mark Walker (February 2, 2006), as per the second post in the thread entitled "PC version" within this forum.

Mark Walker and Matrix have been stringing people along for almost 7 years now, saying the game is almost ready, it's almost ready for testing, here are some screenshots to whet your appetite, hopefully this year, here are some more screenshots... Ohhh here's an animation - therefore the game must exist! ... yada yada yada.

If this game ever gets released - and that still remains a mighty big "if"; it is going to be so buggy having been converted from COBOL into C++ you will be begging for your money back. Oh wait, I forgot how patient you all are, you will be eagerly awaiting the first patch to fix all those bugs that is tentatively scheduled for, um let's say 2020.

SapperAstro_MatrixForum -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/6/2012 12:26:15 PM)

Haha, indeed, unfortunately I believe you are correct. Just another reason I jumped on the CoH bandwagon. I could see this was going nowhere...pity, looks right up my alley.

Richie61 -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/6/2012 8:26:30 PM)

LOL!

Vilhjalmr, even Boston needed to wait 86 years for completion [:D]

Vilhjalmr -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/7/2012 9:09:57 PM)

Richie61, I love your enthusiasm!

My post was intended as tough love, rather than meant as negativity towards the forum members. For over six years, LnL and Matrix have been intentionally misleading people into thinking this game’s release wasn’t far off. If you browse through this forum, you can see their comments for yourself. When asked how soon people could expect the game to be released, rather than being honest and saying this game is very early in development, they keep saying stuff like hopefully by the end of the year, probably not by Christmas, hopefully it should be in beta testing shortly, etc. Okay, six years later and still nothing…

According to Wodin, LnL posted on Facebook back in August that "The computer game, Heroes of Stalingrad is projected for a holiday release”. Now that we are approaching the holidays, you see a post from Matrix saying “release is 2013”. Go back through this forum and you will see that pattern repeated over and over again. My point is that given LnL and Matrix’ deceptiveness to date, you should ignore this game until it actually gets released. Ignore the pretty screenshots, videos, and useless banter about beta testing, adding new scenarios, etc. This game is vaporware until LnL and Matrix can actually prove otherwise. And given their poor management of this project to date, I would strongly encourage people not to purchase this game until you have read a number reviews saying the game isn’t full of bugs.

And don't take this as a knock against Matrix in general. I’ve greatly enjoyed their Gary Grigsby's World at War Series and John Tiller's Battleground Series, which were well produced games. But for your sake, I suggest you forget about this game until you actually see it available for purchase. And even then I suggest reading reviews to make sure it is not full of bugs, since they are obviously struggling mightily to get this game out the door.

(And it was worth the 86 year wait for the Sox to win it all!) [:D]

k9mike -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/7/2012 11:22:54 PM)

I am going by what "Erik" Says and tells me..."They" are working on it...It will get done. I just wanted to see some new screens and maybe a small updated(newer) Trailer...I have heard enough of the Negative Banter over time...
Just asking questions. Maybe should have just emailed him....But, I thought I would post it here so that everyone would see what he says...[;)]
Mike

Richie61 -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/8/2012 12:08:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vilhjalmr

Richie61, I love your enthusiasm!

My post was intended as tough love, rather than meant as negativity towards the forum members. For over six years, LnL and Matrix have been intentionally misleading people into thinking this game’s release wasn’t far off. If you browse through this forum, you can see their comments for yourself. When asked how soon people could expect the game to be released, rather than being honest and saying this game is very early in development, they keep saying stuff like hopefully by the end of the year, probably not by Christmas, hopefully it should be in beta testing shortly, etc. Okay, six years later and still nothing…

According to Wodin, LnL posted on Facebook back in August that "The computer game, Heroes of Stalingrad is projected for a holiday release”. Now that we are approaching the holidays, you see a post from Matrix saying “release is 2013”. Go back through this forum and you will see that pattern repeated over and over again. My point is that given LnL and Matrix’ deceptiveness to date, you should ignore this game until it actually gets released. Ignore the pretty screenshots, videos, and useless banter about beta testing, adding new scenarios, etc. This game is vaporware until LnL and Matrix can actually prove otherwise. And given their poor management of this project to date, I would strongly encourage people not to purchase this game until you have read a number reviews saying the game isn’t full of bugs.

And don't take this as a knock against Matrix in general. I’ve greatly enjoyed their Gary Grigsby's World at War Series and John Tiller's Battleground Series, which were well produced games. But for your sake, I suggest you forget about this game until you actually see it available for purchase. And even then I suggest reading reviews to make sure it is not full of bugs, since they are obviously struggling mightily to get this game out the door.

(And it was worth the 86 year wait for the Sox to win it all!) [:D]

And I do understand where you are coming from. I waited a long time for PCO and the wait was long!
I have the Squad Battle titles (which are well worth the cash) to keep me going for awhile.

PS: I am from Massachusetts too, but I am a NY Yankee's fan [:)]

meskary -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/8/2012 12:52:39 AM)

I will still wait, there is nothing pressing or taking my interests at this time. Waiting for the upgrade to COH...this seems to be the closest to squad leader I have seen...COH is close...

it was a long wait for the sox to get it done

Erik Rutins -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/11/2012 7:56:06 PM)

Hi guys,

The timeline on this is quite definite now compared to where we've been at times in the past. The range of possible release dates is shrinking in a good way, but we're aiming for early 2013 rather than this year as I explained in an earlier post.

We've been focused on more multiplayer testing and iterations. Continuing work on testing, tweaking and validating multiplayer is our main focus. Work on the manual has begun as well. The developer is on a well-earned vacation for a couple of weeks, so I wouldn't expect any more news until after Thanksgiving.

Regards,

- Erik

meskary -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/11/2012 8:46:27 PM)

Thank You Erik!

k9mike -> RE: Nov 2nd any Updates? (11/11/2012 9:03:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: meskary

Thank You Erik!

I second that...:)
I am very glad that you are keeping up with this and giving us info. It "Is" much appreciated.
Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI