Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

dunkelblau -> Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info (11/11/2012 7:12:35 PM)

Hi,

I played original CC5 to refresh my interest to CC-series and purchased CC Longest Day from Matrix today. Old CC5 worked ok with my laptop, but CC Longest Day suffers serious videocard problem:

- First game told that I can't play, because my computer do not support 800x600 (or better) resolution and refused to run (native resolution is 1280x800)
- I managed to run it from start menu (Windows 8 ;) anyway and intro films and animations ran perfectly
- When menu screen opens, it is only half of screen size and it's purple. It is very hard to read or point menus with mouse.
- With time and will I was able to get to battlefield, but same problems were there: Only half screen + purple colour.
- I tried to change different resolutions with no success

Solution:

When chose from menu to run game in windowed mode (1280x800) and restated, it solved the purple haze and halved screen problem

- My laptop is old Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 (1,6 ghz dual core + intel 965 express + 2 GB RAM) + Windows 8

Problem was solved during writing this post, so I decided to send it, if somebody experiences similar problems.

Good to be back to CC!,

dunkelblau, Finland

Rattlesnake8 -> RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info (9/2/2014 4:10:09 AM)

I was having this exact issue, thank you so much for posting! Your solution works perfectly. If you find a way to make it full screen let me know. In the meantime I'm happy to just be able to play. (I just got a new computer with Win 8 and was worried I'd have to use my old computer just to play CC5).

Johnny5 -> RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info (3/8/2015 7:01:54 PM)

Well, none of this works for me.

My computer runs Win 8.1 with an AMD 7870 video card, a 4770K CPU and gobs of RAM.

This game ONLY runs for me at 800x600 in Windowed mode. I can configure larger Window mode, but the game won't scale to match.

I'm wondering if there's actually any support for this game as 800x600 for a game released in 2011 with a current price of $53US is pretty bad.

Tejszd -> RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info (3/9/2015 12:09:03 AM)

TLD can definitely run at higher resolutions as I run my copy on Windows 7 at 1920x1200 though I have Nvidia video card.

Johnny5 -> RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info (3/9/2015 12:44:35 AM)

Spent more time. . Finally got it going in Windowed mode at a higher resolution.

One thing that slowed me down was that the in game menu was only 800x600, it looked like that applied to the game as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI