Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

AFV -> Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (11/12/2012 10:32:05 AM)

Why is there not an option to disband factories? Specifically, the biplane U2VS bomber. Its really gamey to rail them up to the front in the way of the German advance- but if you dont, then you have to rail them to a new city every so often to keep them from producing. This specific example aside, it just seems the Soviet player should be able to disband certain factories at their discretion. As far as I know there is not, besides the two above gamey tactics.

Denniss -> RE: Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (11/12/2012 4:30:56 PM)

There are some more candidates for disbanding (Su-2 anyone) but I don't think it should be implemented.
The best way to get rid of U2 production without moving them to front is to move just one point of production - facs get a hell of damage and production won't raise until damage is at zero again.

Walloc -> RE: Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (11/12/2012 5:14:23 PM)

As per a certain comment in my factory guide, i can now bestow up on u, the honor of being sneaky AFV ;-)
Sorry no pay, title or medals follows in its wake......

Kind regards,

Rasmus

gradenko2k -> RE: Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (11/23/2012 2:39:24 AM)

Isn't this just a symptom of the player being given pseudo-partial-control of production when they really shouldn't?

morvael -> RE: Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (11/23/2012 3:29:33 PM)

And there is a huge bug in the factory damage formula that I found today. It could help Soviets rebuild their HI and ARM production faster (and of those afv or plane factories that they evac only 1 point):

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3219402

Helpless -> RE: Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (11/23/2012 3:42:43 PM)

This is not a bug. It was discussed in some other threads before.

morvael -> RE: Disband Factories- must I rail them around forever? (11/23/2012 3:50:21 PM)

Strange, didn't know that rail capacity is "repair" capacity as well... That could help me put several ARM and HI and plane factories back on line 10 turns faster.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI