The AA penalty (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

gnuseditor -> The AA penalty (12/18/2002 7:09:16 AM)

Question: I know that there is anti-aircraft penalty for TF's of 10 ships or above; my question is, what exactly IS the penalty? Is it that each additional ship only gets a certain percentage of its AA number, or is that the actual total number for the task force decreases? Sorry, I'm having a hard time explaining this; maybe if I made an example it would be clearer.

Example: Task Force 1 has 9 ships with a total AA of, lets say, 1000. If I add a DD with an AA of 100, putting the TF over its limit, does the penalty come as:

• TF now has a total AA of 950, less than it did originally, because of the penalty

or

• TF now has an total AA of, say, 1050, as only a percentage of the added DD's AA is allowed, not its whole allotment.

Thanks folks, in advance!

mogami -> #2 (12/18/2002 7:11:21 AM)

Hi, extra (I think it is above 15 ships) add only a portion of their AA value

gnuseditor -> hmmm... (12/18/2002 7:16:35 AM)

Thanks, Mogami!

As of a few versions ago, it was 10 ships ... did that number get boosted since then?

mogami -> got me (12/18/2002 7:40:21 AM)

Hi, I've never paid attention to the AA penalty issue. I have set sizes for taskforces depending on mission. No matter what the limit 15 ships provide more AA then 10.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI