My first impressions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> After Action Reports

Sapa -> My first impressions (11/25/2012 5:04:53 AM)

Yes i have bought it but i really dont know why i dit it

Postive

-Maps are fantastic as always (i sure hope he gets paid for them)

-Vehicles are nice

-Mounting/Unmounting is nice (I remember Road to Baghdad)

-The new look of the game with menus aso looks good (but it will take some time to learn it)

-The effects of the game with trees, explosions aso looks fantastic!

Negative

-Vehicle pathing is a disaster (back to square one from Last Stand Arnhem)

-The "aggresive AI" doesent attack

-The sounds are to few and to low

-The unit sizes is to small for the big maps (they are bigger in my game now)

-The stratmap looks cheap as in Last Stand Arnhem (i miss the detailed one from CC5)

-Got Virus alert when starting to install with MS Security(first time ever for me in a Close Combat game)

-The Fog is good looking but i think it should be removed after some minutes into the battle

-Normandy again..i miss the Big barren trees from the north

Will keep on playing and see what happends....

Mats

Longnez -> RE: My first impressions (11/29/2012 2:29:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sapa

Yes i have bought it but i really dont know why i dit it

Postive

-Maps are fantastic as always (i sure hope he gets paid for them)

-Vehicles are nice

-Mounting/Unmounting is nice (I remember Road to Baghdad)

-The new look of the game with menus aso looks good (but it will take some time to learn it)

-The effects of the game with trees, explosions aso looks fantastic!

Negative

-Vehicle pathing is a disaster (back to square one from Last Stand Arnhem)

-The "aggresive AI" doesent attack

-The sounds are to few and to low

-The unit sizes is to small for the big maps (they are bigger in my game now)

-The stratmap looks cheap as in Last Stand Arnhem (i miss the detailed one from CC5)

-Got Virus alert when starting to install with MS Security(first time ever for me in a Close Combat game)

-The Fog is good looking but i think it should be removed after some minutes into the battle

-Normandy again..i miss the Big barren trees from the north

Will keep on playing and see what happends....

Mats

hi,

I noticed in astonishment, that we could fire through the forests of trees, and reach targets with no problem at all, furthermore, often the troops and tanks fire at the visible targets without one assigned to them these. (bugs or réalistic balistic)?
Last one questions, will have there is it the other tanks and the vehicles because i find them limited ?

Redmarkus5 -> RE: My first impressions (11/29/2012 7:03:00 PM)

I also saw firing through the trees. The trees look like cover from above, but as only the trunks provide real cover at ground level, you basically need to ignore them.

Tejszd -> RE: My first impressions (11/30/2012 5:20:00 AM)

Leaves are coded around the trunk but do not go out as far as the graphic of the tree canopy

Sapa -> RE: My first impressions (12/1/2012 2:46:34 PM)

My GC is ongoing...

Still havent seen the AI used any troops loading in vehicles, neither have i..because why bother buy a truck when you only have four slots avaliable as support???
Its a shame..finally got that option and instead i dont use it...

Didnt the Beta testers have any opinions about this??

Its better to buy a heavy MG 42

I think you must make more slots avaliable (will there be a patch?) to really make this game fun to play..[>:]

Mats

Tejszd -> RE: My first impressions (12/1/2012 5:08:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Longnez
furthermore, often the troops and tanks fire at the visible targets without one assigned to them these.

That is realistic, soldiers and vehicles will fire at targets of opportunity. If you set them to Ambush instead of Defend the enemy will have to be much closer for them to open fire but there is no option to NOT have them defend themselves...

Manu -> RE: My first impressions (12/1/2012 5:11:21 PM)

I was beta tester and have not used it often but... I find it interesting when you have guns to tow. For the germans the sdkfz 251/1 is a fighting unit with the possibility to transport troops and to tow guns.. so a very good unit.

Southernland -> RE: My first impressions (12/1/2012 7:38:56 PM)

quote:

I use it but not as often as i thought. I will move my AT guns or to move HMGs when my unit is attacking and has expanded from the initial starting zone or I will carry infantry if its a meeting encounter and I want to establish a screen fast to deny the enemy access to an area. bear in mind a truck or H/T can tow a gun and carry one squad.

nietsche -> RE: My first impressions (12/8/2012 3:05:26 AM)

Really, it is giving the half tracks their real role in battle. Do everything needed to get things around the battlefield and provide a bit of protection to troops when moving to a hot spot ... and providing a bit of hit and run fire power.

Nice to see a lot of old faces around too ...

Mongoose28 -> RE: My first impressions (12/10/2012 11:02:57 PM)

In screen shots of PIF before the game came out I saw "Tigers". Where are they now? I've got a game going on with recruit as the battle start...but NO "Tigers". How do we get them on the battlefield?

Mahalo.....

SteveMcClaire -> RE: My first impressions (12/11/2012 12:02:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sfox2882

In screen shots of PIF before the game came out I saw "Tigers". Where are they now? I've got a game going on with recruit as the battle start...but NO "Tigers". How do we get them on the battlefield?

There were no Tigers in the historical fighting around Mortain. But they are present (both Tiger Is and Tiger IIs) in a 'semi-historical' battle group "KG Wunsche" from the 12.SS Panzer. You can find it in several of the 'semi-historical' scenarios, or you can use the scenario editor to design your own.

wodin -> RE: My first impressions (12/11/2012 1:02:17 AM)

quote:

My GC is ongoing...

Still havent seen the AI used any troops loading in vehicles, neither have i..because why bother buy a truck when you only have four slots avaliable as support???
Its a shame..finally got that option and instead i dont use it...

Its better to buy a heavy MG 42

I think you must make more slots avaliable (will there be a patch?) to really make this game fun to play..[>:]

Mats

What would hav been better is if motorised troops came with a halftrack..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI