Replayability? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War

Grim.Reaper -> Replayability? (11/25/2012 1:06:28 PM)

Ok, hopefully my last question on this game before I finally get the time to purchase and play myself:)

How replayable is this game when playing either side? Does the computer AI always attempt the same plan at the start of the game? Is there any variation in their plans? I know it likely adjusts per the human player's moves, but very interested if the computer in general tries the same thing from the start or does it tinker with some alternatives.

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Replayability? (11/25/2012 2:31:13 PM)

It's pretty darned replayable, as a good strategy game should be. The AI follows the same basic ideas each time but the way it implements them depends entirely on how you react and the situation on the ground. I've seen a wide variety in AI actions based on how it was responding to me. So, yeah, it's pretty agile.

Empire101 -> RE: Replayability? (11/25/2012 2:37:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheWombat

It's pretty darned replayable, as a good strategy game should be. The AI follows the same basic ideas each time but the way it implements them depends entirely on how you react and the situation on the ground. I've seen a wide variety in AI actions based on how it was responding to me. So, yeah, it's pretty agile.

+1
I agree.[:)]

hadberz -> RE: Replayability? (11/25/2012 2:41:52 PM)

The AI will focus on one front or another. This was added or tweaked late in the beta, but I don't remember if it's per game or if it changes during the game. Anyways the AI will change it up. There is also huge modding potential. It's very easy to add new starting units to the campaigns if you want a serious challenge. This will probably screw up PBEM games so I recommend having two installs of CTGW.

VPaulus -> RE: Replayability? (11/25/2012 3:29:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz
will probably screw up PBEM games so I recommend having two installs of CTGW.

Use GME instead. You don't need two installs. [:)]
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=27158

hadberz -> RE: Replayability? (11/25/2012 3:52:30 PM)

Very nice. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI