Preparing the Way Victory conditions? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Warmskin -> Preparing the Way Victory conditions? (2/5/2001 1:30:00 AM)

I'm playing the first scenario in the above campaign. How do you win? Forgive the newbie question, please. I've turned all the flags to my side (US) and held on to these thru the end of the turn. Is there something else I have to do here? Also, how do you take out ammo dumps and gun casements or bunkers? I shoot everything at them with constant hits, but never do any damage... Thanks.

Wild Bill -> (2/5/2001 3:08:00 AM)

It can be won, Warmskin, but it ain't easy. It is also a learning process for you. The issue of bunkers and ammo dumps is a matter of attrition. Rarely will you get a "lucky" hit. You have to keep pounding them. Bypass them if you can. They aren't that valuable point wise. Take them out but using smoke, close assaults and whittling down the men in them. You'll get the hang of it. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Warmskin -> (2/5/2001 5:02:00 AM)

Thanks for the reply, but my problem seems to be that the scenario isn't ending. I thought when you change all flags to your own colors, you win. Am I missing something? Because all the flags are now USA but the I don't get a victory msg... What's up? Thanks IA.

Possum -> (2/5/2001 5:13:00 AM)

Hello Warmskin. The scenario will end when either you run out of time/turns or; you have taken all of the onjectives AND the morale of the opposition has been broken.

Warmskin -> (2/5/2001 7:27:00 PM)

Thanks Possum, Do you know what exactly constitutes breaking the morale of the opposition? Or is it something that you can't actually see?

David F. Wall -> (2/5/2001 9:19:00 PM)

I don't know what other people did, but I found that mobility was the key to winning the airfield battle in Preparing The Way. That means picking units that can move quickly, and not getting bogged down in terrain that that slows you up or is easy to defend. And whether you play with C&C on or not, you have to plan 1) For getting units all the way to the objectives at the far end of the airfield and 2) That there'll be people in those barracks that don't sleep through your arrival. DFW

Possum -> (2/6/2001 5:37:00 AM)

Hello again Warmskin. To break your opponent's morale, you must inflict a large number of "kills" apon him/her/it. Note that routed is not sufficent, the units must be removed from the playing field by either KO's, destroyed, surendered, or dispursed. Note that "killing" crews will add to the "kill" total. As fas as I can tell, once the opposition has been broken, they can no longer rally routed and/or pinned units, and if you are in possesion of all of the objective hexes, then the scenario will end at the end of the opposition's next turn. ( this allows time for one last "revenge" airstrike) [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Note that the computer will still quite happilly assault/attack your positions and/or captured objectives with any remaining intact units.

Warmskin -> (2/6/2001 6:03:00 AM)

Thanks to all. I finished it, finally!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI