Noob questions... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

dighost -> Noob questions... (12/21/2002 1:22:46 AM)

New to UV, and have a couple questions that I am sure are simple... I haven't had the time to read the manual yet, so my apologies if this is just a case of "RTFM" :)

1. Just messing with the tutorial mission, and get creamed on guadalcanal every time. All the japanese need to do is set a shock attack, and instant 8000+ man loss on my side. Any tips?

2. I want to move troops from port moresby to take buna.. but when I try I get a message to the effect of "you can't do that". Is their some secret method to getting troops to march to a new location?

3. Sometimes I set a new destination point for a carrier for example, and no matter what it will not move. Fuel is not a problem-- any ideas?

Thanks again!

Toro -> (12/21/2002 2:07:25 AM)

First note: it's a training scenario, so move on. The only thing you'll really learn there is the basics of formations, etc. I suggest shifting to Coral Sea.

Second note: in some scenarios, plenty of ground units are "lock" and can't be picked up, moved, etc. (You'll see this in Coral Sea, too).

Movement can be restricted by any number of things, but some of the obvious ones are operations points -- if you refuel, for instance, you'll use a lot of ops points and the TF may not move this turn. Also, make sure you actually have a destination set: is there a line of yellow outlined hexes from origin to destination? If not, try again. Another thing to check is whether you have "retirement allowed" set. If so, the formation could be moving to the destination and back home again in the same turn. If you set this to "patrol/stay on station" then the TF will stay.

dighost -> (12/21/2002 8:16:26 AM)

Thanks Toro! Your tips have helped-- looks like my tf's were set for retirement.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI