Crashing after opening movie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

JMAC039122 -> Crashing after opening movie (12/21/2012 9:59:16 PM)

I am on a windows 7 64 system that ran this program just fine. I am back after a layoff and updated to the latest version from the menu screen. I hit play and the opening credits, etc and then the opening movie. At the end of the movie, Crash to Desktop. Tried a number of times. Help

Joel Billings -> RE: Crashing after opening movie (12/22/2012 12:04:39 AM)

Could be sound or video drivers. You could try to rename the sound folder (also the video folder if renaming sound doesn't work). A lot of times it's sound or video drivers. Hopefully someone elese has an idea. You could post your dxdiag report for your system in case there are techies that might see something that could be a problem.

JMAC039122 -> RE: Crashing after opening movie (12/22/2012 7:25:53 AM)

I appreciate the quick response. I have updated the drivers and no luck same thing. I am not sure what you mean about renaming the folders and as far as a dxdiag report that's just a high inside fastball to be. I am usually fairly good at getting things working but if you could please add a little more detail it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Helpless -> RE: Crashing after opening movie (12/22/2012 8:01:50 AM)

quote:

I am not sure what you mean about renaming the folders

\Gary Grigsby's War in the East\Dat\sound
\Gary Grigsby's War in the East\Dat\video

It is usually 3rd party sound codec or filter which might cause game to crash.

JMAC039122 -> RE: Crashing after opening movie (12/22/2012 2:39:03 PM)

Thanks again for all the help. Tried all suggestions. Ended up with a re install and so far so good.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI