Sale price on WITP-AE? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

GeorgePattonIII -> Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/16/2013 6:52:23 AM)

Does anyone happen to know what the regular price of WITP-AE is (in US$)?

I purchased the game for $52.99 during the Matrix Games Holiday Sale, which advertised the game as 34% off, so I thought I was getting a pretty good deal. However, now it is two days after the sale ended, and I see the price of the game on the website is still listed as $52.99, even though the sale banners have been removed.

So...I'm curious if I got the sale price or not [&:]

I should also mention that I purchased War Plan Orange for $29.99 during the sale as well, and the same story applies.

Mark

ps - Either way, I'm loving both games!

Capt Hornblower -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/16/2013 7:14:40 AM)

I paid close to $100 for the deluxe version.

GeorgePattonIII -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/16/2013 7:32:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Hornblower

I paid close to $100 for the deluxe version.

Oh, you bring up a good point I forgot to mention. The prices I mentioned above were for the download versions.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/16/2013 1:44:46 PM)

I think I paid about $80 for the download plus CD option three-plus years ago. You got the deal. You also get a game 50% better than it was at first ship. Matrix is advertising for help-wanted, so they might be overwhelmed with clerical to-dos in the office. I'm sure the prices will adjust very soon. Upwards.

Alfred -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/16/2013 1:47:07 PM)

Yes, Bullwinkle is correct. The sale price was $52 for the digital download, a saving of $27 off the regular price.

Alfred

GeorgePattonIII -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/16/2013 3:34:11 PM)

Thanks for the info, guys! That's pretty much what I guessed, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving any money on the table. [:)]

Meanwhile, regardless of price I'm really enjoying the game. Or should I say...I'm enjoying figuring out the game. I'm a long time Hearts of Iron player who just discovered WITP-AE and it's pretty daunting. But it looks amazing. Not sure I'll want to go back to HOI anytime soon.

Lokasenna -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/16/2013 5:16:34 PM)

Last year when I started, I'm pretty sure it was $90. $53 is a steal!

GeorgePattonIII -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 2:24:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Last year when I started, I'm pretty sure it was $90. $53 is a steal!

Sure is! Having played the game now, I'd pay twice that amount and still be happy.

Lecivius -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 2:28:05 AM)

I paid $89 for my copy. Never looked back. Ask around if you have questions, this is by far the best group of people I have yet to find on a forum.

gradenko2k -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 3:04:17 AM)

The gameplay-hours-per-dollar ratio on this game is incredibly lopsided, no matter what price you bought it at!

GaryChildress -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 3:26:58 AM)

I paid full price a couple years ago, what...80 some dollars and it was worth every penny, so you got a real bargain. WITP probably has the most hours played per buck of any game you'll find. [:)]

GeorgePattonIII -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 6:25:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I paid full price a couple years ago, what...80 some dollars and it was worth every penny, so you got a real bargain. WITP probably has the most hours played per buck of any game you'll find. [:)]

Hell, I've already gotten my money's worth...and I'm still figuring out how to play it. [8D]

Lecivius -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 6:28:01 PM)

If you ever figure it all out, let us know. [;)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 6:52:08 PM)

I have bought numerous games over my lifetime.. this one was by far the biggest bang for the buck.

Koei Operation Europe was a close second [:'(]

Lokasenna -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/17/2013 6:59:13 PM)

I'm not sure anyone knows everything about this game. People can get close, but there's always something new.

Numdydar -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/18/2013 3:36:04 AM)

Also, make sure you use the beta patches if at all possible as that makes the game even better :)

GeorgePattonIII -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/18/2013 4:23:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Also, make sure you use the beta patches if at all possible as that makes the game even better :)

Yeah, I installed the latest beta patch right off the bat, along with the WIF map mod...which I have to say is pretty damn cool.

Now I'll probably go through some of the other tools and stuff that people have made and see what I like best.

GreyJoy -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/18/2013 11:33:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeorgePattonIII

quote:

Yeah, I installed the latest beta patch right off the bat, along with the WIF map mod...which I have to say is pretty damn cool.

Now I'll probably go through some of the other tools and stuff that people have made and see what I like best.

And get a feeling about the main mechanics of the game giving a read to some AARs you find in the forum-section. LOTS of valuable infos there

Empire101 -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/18/2013 1:23:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeorgePattonIII

quote:

Go to the 'Scenario Design and Modding' Section and look up the Art Mods Thread.

There is loads of great stuff there.[:)]

GeorgePattonIII -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/18/2013 7:23:34 PM)

I definitely will. I poked around a little bit, but haven't decided on what to use yet.

GeorgePattonIII -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/21/2013 2:03:55 AM)

I installed the Art Mods and I have to say I'm impressed, especially with the unit insignia. Pretty cool stuff.

John 3rd -> RE: Sale price on WITP-AE? (1/21/2013 2:42:55 AM)

Best darned $$$ I have EVER spent.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI