Coverting xAK to AK (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Miller -> Coverting xAK to AK (1/20/2013 8:18:19 PM)

Is there any reason not to do this considering they only lose a small amount of cargo space?

Puhis -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (1/20/2013 8:29:12 PM)

No.

Chickenboy -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (1/21/2013 12:14:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

No.

What he said.

PaxMondo -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (1/21/2013 3:27:04 AM)

+1

wege80 -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (1/21/2013 7:44:57 AM)

What's the real bargain here?

Do AK's load and unload faster? Just Troops, equipment and supplies or ressources too?

Puhis -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (1/21/2013 8:06:49 AM)

Yes, AKs load faster than xAKs. Also AKs have more AA guns, though it won't help them much...

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (1/21/2013 5:02:06 PM)

Unloading rules, from the manual:

6.3.3.3.2.1 OVER THE BEACH
Beaching Craft. Beaching craft unload completely in one turn.
»» Attack Amphibious Ships. (APA/AKA plus LSD, LSV and British equivalents) in Amphibious TFs, unload at a Rate of 3000 points per ship, per turn.
»» Regular Transport Ships. (Commissioned Naval AP/AK) in Amphibious TFs, unload at a Rate of 600 points per ship per turn.
»» Merchant Ships. (xAP/xAK) in Amphibious TFs, unload at a Rate of 250 points per ship per turn.
»» Special Japanese early war bonus of 1200 for all AP/AK and xAP/xAK types.

An AK unloads more than twice faster than a xAK; if you are playing Japan, I think there are only 2 LSD available (one at the start, one later on). so you really need to convert AKs if you plan to maintain offensives after the early war bonus ends

dr.hal -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (1/21/2013 6:30:00 PM)

Keep in mind however that you will need port time to make the conversion and you may not be able to afford it when you want. So check out how long the conversion takes and then make the decision to convert or not to convert (that is the question!). Hal

czert2 -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (7/3/2013 9:11:57 PM)

I need to ask - is here any limit how big eqipment can be unloaded from amhibious TF when invading enemy base and using comercial ships/ AMC ?
AMC is unloading at rate of xAK or AK ?
Or big equipment just také lot of time to unload and thus increase risk to unloading ships that they will be damaged/sunk ?
Make it sense to do amhibious assaults with tank LCU or it is better to make beachead with infantry only units first ?

CowboyRonin -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (7/3/2013 9:50:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: czert2

I need to ask - is here any limit how big eqipment can be unloaded from amhibious TF when invading enemy base and using comercial ships/ AMC ?
AMC is unloading at rate of xAK or AK ?
Or big equipment just také lot of time to unload and thus increase risk to unloading ships that they will be damaged/sunk ?
Make it sense to do amhibious assaults with tank LCU or it is better to make beachead with infantry only units first ?

1) Yes - you wont' notice with typical combat equipment, but it will show up if you're adding base forces or Marine CD units (radar sets are one thing that I always have trouble with).
2) Anything with Motorized Support will unload, but very slowly. Yes, if they are under risk of attack, they will be stuck for several days unloading. Units with large numbers of heavy guns will also take a while to unload.
3) If you are landing against opposition, good infantry units can put out more AV faster than tank units can. A mix is always a good idea if you can swing it (a tank battalion in with a Regiment or Division assault). Now, if you're expecting an unopposed landing and want to move off more quickly and maneuver, then an all-tank landing is certainly doable (look in Nemo's current AAR for his discussions of his OMG).

chuckj118 -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (7/4/2013 12:25:25 AM)

For the allies it is ALWAYS useful to convert ships to AK or AKA's. Repair facilities are not an issue for them and the faster load/unload ability helps with invasions and keeping those small bases supplied. (By 1944 I have so many AKs some have been diverted to supplying small bases)

I assume the above is true for Japan as well but they do have the issue of expense and time to consider.

PaxMondo -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (7/4/2013 1:27:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Keep in mind however that you will need port time to make the conversion and you may not be able to afford it when you want. So check out how long the conversion takes and then make the decision to convert or not to convert (that is the question!). Hal

For IJ, it is 2 - 3 weeks depending upon model. Always worth the effort and time. And you MUST do it prior to losing the amphib bonus or it is really hard to continue any offensive ops.

I do the AK conversion and the troop space conversion simultaneously. For the Yusen A class I think it takes 22 days. Time well spent.

Justus2 -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (7/4/2013 1:54:39 AM)

Is there a list somewhere of which Allied ships can convert from xAK to AK (and when)? Tracker lists a number of possible conversions, but does not list AK (but I am still late JAN 42). When do they become visible?

Cpt Sherwood -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (7/4/2013 2:46:04 AM)

I don't remember any xAK to AK conversions for the Allies. There are AK to AKA conversions in 1943.

Numdydar -> RE: Coverting xAK to AK (7/4/2013 3:07:44 AM)

Also some devices need a certain sized port and cannot unload over the beach.

I found out this the hard way as Japan [:D]. I was taking a CD gun to Guam and the damn thing would not unload no matter what I did. Built the port to a lv 3 and the thing unloads just fine [X(]. I guess they did not want to take the chance on the wodden cranes breaking and wanted to wait for metal ones lol.

So if you are unloading ships and there is a device that just seems like it is taking forever, check the port size and build it up before you try and unload.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI