Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Wolfe1759 -> Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/24/2013 7:41:59 PM)

I don't think I've ever not investigated a ruin / derelict when given the option. The idea that I might miss out on something always seems to out weigh the possibility of damage to or loss of a ship. Curiosity always gets the better of me.

StarLab -> RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/24/2013 7:50:45 PM)

LOL! I always pause for a few seconds (for effect?) before ultimately accepting to investigate. Not sure why I pause as I always take the chance in the end. [:D]

Guess to save time I could just hit the investigate button immediately and forget about putting any thought into it.

KAHUNA -> RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/25/2013 12:53:03 AM)

When I first started playing I'd hit the investigate button always.After seeing a few bases get eaten by Kaltor's or ships blowing up in my Scout's face I'l pause the game and take a peek first to see myself if there is a danger visible before I hit the yes button to investigate[;)]

Quad Fin Rider -> RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/25/2013 11:24:40 AM)

Depends...
Ruins & abandoned ships: I always check these out right away.
Abandoned bases where there might be space creatures close by: make note of the location & send in a warship or two to check out later.

tjhkkr -> RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/26/2013 6:26:59 PM)

My scouts have shields and weapons so I basically say yes... if the ship/base goes boom, it gets damaged but not destroyed to the point that the ship cannot go back to the yard for repairs.
If there are monsters, that is a problem and to be honest, that is a bigger struggle than any enemy fleet.

jpwrunyan -> RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/26/2013 11:06:42 PM)

Sometimes I don't investigate by accident, as in the scout ship doesn't get close enough to trigger but still "explores" the planet resources.

Also, (often as a consequence of the above) if it happens to be a colony ship about to settle a world, it is a good idea not to investigate the ruins.

martok -> RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/27/2013 11:58:35 AM)

I always investigate -- no ifs, ands, or buts. I've gotta see what's there! [8D]

Buio -> RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ? (1/27/2013 12:52:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok
I always investigate -- no ifs, ands, or buts. I've gotta see what's there! [8D]

Same here. I'm to curious not to.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI