Could you save the Lexington? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

BigJoe417 -> Could you save the Lexington? (12/25/2002 5:09:49 AM)

Any advice would be appreciated.

A little IJN sub hit my Lexington with a lucky fish. It has 40 sys, 37 flt and 13 fires! Is it toast? I'm just outside of Buna. The nearest port of any size is PM. What would you do to try to save her?

Bill_L. -> (12/25/2002 5:12:36 AM)

You should be able to make Port Moresby and disband the Task Force there. Wait until the flotation damage is repaired then send it back to Noumea and then onto Pearl. Hopefully you won't get hit by Betty's and Nell's from Rabaul on the way.

mogami -> nearest size 3 port (12/25/2002 5:30:36 AM)

Hi, Go directly to your closest size 3 port and disband the TF.
Repair floatation damage. Then send her to Cairns/Townsville
from there work your way to Rockhampton and from there Noumea. rest fighter groups in bases she is headed to so they can provide CAP.

BigJoe417 -> (12/25/2002 6:02:28 AM)

Ok when I disband the Tf at PM do the aircraft automatically go to the PM base or do I have to transfer them their prior to disbanding?

thanks for the help guys! F@#$%* Sub!!! I surround the carriers with a dozen destroyer screening force and this happens!!

BigJoe417 -> (12/25/2002 6:07:35 AM)

Actually the closest port is Buna which is a 3 port but it is only a 1 airbase so I dont know if it could handle the fighters from the ships I disband?

mogami -> no need to move AC (12/25/2002 6:12:10 AM)

Hi, disbanding the TF will leave the AC on the CV. Once the flooding is reduced and fires put out. Lex will be able to provide her own CAP. It will take 4-5 days to get flooding to 0. If her Sys damage is below 50 she will be able to fly aircraft.

BigJoe417 -> (12/25/2002 3:22:48 PM)

I hate to send a Carrier back to Perl! If I leave her at a 9 port wont the sys damage be repaired quicker than it might take her to return from Perl?

siRkid -> (12/25/2002 7:26:27 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigJoe417
[B]I hate to send a Carrier back to Perl! If I leave her at a 9 port wont the sys damage be repaired quicker than it might take her to return from Perl? [/B][/QUOTE]

System damage is repaired too slow and too random anywhere but Pearl. Send her back. You might get lucky and the AI will release another carrier. System damage affect speed I'll bet her speed is way down. You don't need her slowing down your TF. Also the computer may not let you keep her in a TF. The computer always breaks out the damaged ships.

Rick

pasternakski -> (12/25/2002 11:10:10 PM)

Make sure and get the flot and fires down to 0 before you send 'er back - it cuts down on the travel time.

A nice bonus is that she will come back bristling with those nasty 40mm and 20mm AA instead of the old 1.1" and MGs.

TIMJOT -> (12/26/2002 12:13:08 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigJoe417
[B]Ok when I disband the Tf at PM do the aircraft automatically go to the PM base or do I have to transfer them their prior to disbanding?

thanks for the help guys! F@#$%* Sub!!! I surround the carriers with a dozen destroyer screening force and this happens!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Now you know how the captains of the Wasp and Saratoga must have felt.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI