Macromedia "Flash!" Serious Virus Alert (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Bing -> Macromedia "Flash!" Serious Virus Alert (12/28/2002 12:56:45 AM)

Sorry to report during this season of "Peace on Earth to Men of Good Will" that some sick people out there are distinctly not "men of good will".

Since just about everyone has Macromedia Flash! installed and uses it automatically when the website calls it, I thought it would be best to post a warning here.

You can read about the virus- it is a very serious one, which apparently wrecks an infected system, these "kids" are not fooling around - at the Macromedia site:
http://www.macromedia.com/v1/handlers/index.cfm?ID=23569

If you have the very latest version of Flash! you will not need the patch, which is a replacement of the app, but like many of us I didn't have the latest. Download of the new and presumably safe Flash! module is quick and easy, done online and verified.

Careful about this - first time around I did not get a valid installation, the "do you want to install..." dialogue box must pop up at the end for it to work.

Never mind the sickies: Best of Holidays to all the troopers here, I know them to be men (and women, Alex, no intent to leave you out) of good will.

Bing

Supervisor -> (12/28/2002 2:15:42 AM)

As always thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll have to get the latest patch when I get home.:D :D ;) :) :rolleyes:

Warrior -> (12/29/2002 6:20:36 PM)

Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI