Game won't run. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support

Twotribes -> Game won't run. (2/28/2013 9:19:14 PM)

I bought both the main game and the new addition. I loaded them both and it said it loaded the update also.

When I run the game I get to the selection of what I want to do and then when I select campaign it takes me to 2nd Kharkov, when I click to run it it closes everything exce4pt a quick start on my bar.

Now when I click the quick start nothing happens.

2xTom -> RE: Game won't run. (3/1/2013 9:53:13 AM)

Hi Twotribes,

did the game leave a file called "Unity of Command CRASH.log" on your desktop?

Twotribes -> RE: Game won't run. (3/2/2013 5:12:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2xTom

Hi Twotribes,

did the game leave a file called "Unity of Command CRASH.log" on your desktop?

Nothing on my desktop.

2xTom -> RE: Game won't run. (3/4/2013 5:59:45 PM)

This is strange, we've never had it crash there. Please let me know the following:

* which operating system you're using? (if Mac, include version number e.g. 10.6.8)
* can you run individual scenarios from the main game and/or DLC? (Main Menu -> Scenario -> ...)
* are you running in a window or fullscreen?

Thanks!

Twotribes -> RE: Game won't run. (3/4/2013 6:55:04 PM)

PC Window 7 home edition.
Full screen.

I can start games now but they crash after a couple clicks. When I do click on things the entire screen flashes off and on and about half of the time nothing happens. Eventually the game clicks off and all I have is a thumbnail on the bottom of my desktop that I can't turn off or open.

I cant open the manual from the start screen and if I open the editor the same thing happens as if I open a game.

2xTom -> RE: Game won't run. (3/4/2013 7:00:01 PM)

Please try going to Main Menu -> Options and setting the game to window instead of fullscreen.

You can use any window size larger than 1024x600, but smaller than your display size.

Then quit the game and restart to play in a window. It's a workaround, not a fix, but let's see if we can at least get that going.

Twotribes -> RE: Game won't run. (3/5/2013 12:21:34 AM)

Ok in windowed mode I don't get booted but most of my clicks do nothing and the game flashes ( removing any active unit I have, forcing me to click on it again) Very frustrating trying to play.

Andrew Loveridge -> RE: Game won't run. (3/11/2013 4:14:50 PM)

Did you let Visual C++ install?
If not got to the redist subfolder in the game install, and run the exe from there.

Could you attach a DirectX Diagnostic file?

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. Click on "START"
2. Type in "DxDiag" in Search window.
3. Click on DxDiag and allow it to run.
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI