Ground combat modifiers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

pacificbetta -> Ground combat modifiers (3/9/2013 12:47:26 AM)

I apologise if this has been listed somewhere, but I cannot find it. Does anyone has a list of all modifiers to ground combat (AV)? I have the supply and fortification, (and obviously terrain modifiers :P).

Many thanks in advance!

Quixote -> RE: Ground combat modifiers (3/9/2013 1:00:31 AM)

Add modifiers for fatigue, disruption, leaders, preparation, experience, and shock and I think you have them. (If not, someone will add another one on here shortly.)

pacificbetta -> RE: Ground combat modifiers (3/9/2013 1:07:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quixote

Add modifiers for fatigue, disruption, leaders, preparation, experience, and shock and I think you have them. (If not, someone will add another one on here shortly.)

I understand the above modify AV, but to what extent? Was hoping to get a detailed breakdown as

quote:

Fortification Level
fort level 0 = 1x unadjusted assault value
fort level 1 = 1.1x
fort level 2 = 1.25x
fort level 3 = 1.5x
fort level 4 = 1.75x
fort level 5 = 2x
fort level 6 = 2.25x
fort level 7 = 2.5x
fort level 8 = 2.75x
fort level 9 = 3x

Quixote -> RE: Ground combat modifiers (3/9/2013 1:18:59 AM)

Ahh, got ya. I don't know that I've ever seen a comprehensive list on everything either. I suspect most of that stuff still remains "under the hood."

wdolson -> RE: Ground combat modifiers (3/9/2013 2:09:36 AM)

Just about all the combat modifiers are die rolls. Only a couple are hard numbers. The range of each die roll varies, like one might add 0-20% and another might reduce by 0-50%.

There are also two phases of combat where the modifiers take effect. The first round is every unit shooting at one another. This is where most of the casualties come from. There are a slew of combat modifiers for that too.

Then at the end there is a die roll of AV vs AV (adjusted after combat) and that has a slew of die rolls. I don't know if I'm authorized to give details of each die roll. I don't really want to document it. The number of die rolls in the two phases of combat is bewilderingly long. It would take me many, many hours to document the whole thing.

Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI