here's something interesting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Mods and Scenarios

Southernland -> here's something interesting (3/19/2013 5:47:41 AM)

the Panthers in the mist scale is 160%of the previous CC versions

so if you take the graphics files for a stock CC map and enlarge it 160% (make the BGM a targa, open in photoshop and enlarge to the new size)

and add "16 // Version-ID: element size = 16x16pixels" to the first line in the old cc map txt panthers will recognise the element size and the map will work in Panthers.

Ok you may have to open the files in 5CC to create a new LOS and you'll need to produce a new rfm but this might be a fast and effective way of modding maps for PitM

Attached is a 50/50 Panthers/CCtLD Meuse map upscaled for comparison

[image]local://upfiles/27122/51BDEF87288F4683B1BE826E47359271.jpg[/image]

Stwa -> RE: here's something interesting (3/19/2013 8:56:05 AM)

Actually, that is very interesting.

I wonder, can I do the same thing in CCMT? Not really, CCMT ignores maps that indicate 16x16 pixel elements.

I will need the beeger tanks. [;)]

[image]local://upfiles/17700/9419D8BEDE15485FB9A228D9C9A3CE4F.jpg[/image]

Stwa -> RE: here's something interesting (3/19/2013 8:59:53 AM)

Oh,

I forgot to ask. [slaps forehead]

But, how do you get beeger trees?

BTW, still no workie in CCMT, either 16 bit or 24 bit graphics.

Guess this can only happen using PitF?

[image]local://upfiles/17700/F9F5E7724ABC4AFDAB1FB1F3B38ABC91.jpg[/image]

Stwa -> RE: here's something interesting (3/19/2013 10:15:59 AM)

Also,

Cant Mafi fix 5CC so it can change the roof coordinates by 160%?

And,

Maybe a better idea. Can't this process work in reverse? I bet it can.

That way, we could convert PitF maps to 5 pixel per meter maps for use in other games, like CCMT!

So, could Matrix make the PitF maps available for conversion? [:D]

We can use the normal trees that we already have.

SteveMcClaire -> RE: here's something interesting (3/19/2013 6:39:41 PM)

Stwa -- Southern Land was talking about taking maps from earlier games and converting them for using in Panthers in the Fog.  You cannot use a map scaled to 8 pixels per meter in any of the older games, include Modern Tactics.

If you want to use different tree sprites in Panthers in the Fog, you'll need to use CCMunger to extract the old "Terrain" sprite file, pick out and re-scale (to 160%) the trees you want (I assume you're looking for palms?) and mod these into the game by adding them to the Panthers "Terrain" file and elements file.

And yes, you can take a Panthers map, reduce the scale, then take it back into the older games.  I don't think you need to do anything but use 5CC to convert the BGM to a targa, re-scale it in a graphics program, and then re-create it as a BGM again with 5CC.

Steve

Mafi -> RE: here's something interesting (3/19/2013 7:55:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stwa
Cant Mafi fix 5CC so it can change the roof coordinates by 160%?

At your command Sire! Is already implemented, just play around with something like this in 5CC:

Main menu > Actions > Set scale > Graphics scaling

to scale up/down BGM and roofs in one step. I think this will fit to u'r needs, although it does not work with percentage but with absolute pixel sizes. Afterwards redo LOS and MMM/OVM.

Cheers
Mafi

[image]local://upfiles/27556/33137C4125A14DC2BE7BC00D48681E0D.jpg[/image]

Stwa -> RE: here's something interesting (3/19/2013 10:47:53 PM)

Thanks Mafi!

5CC has become the most powerful CC toy. You probably weren't thinking about this, but if you can get the element translation step into 5CC, I can ditch CC2 Tools.

BTW, the expand/shrink part of 5CC is fabulous, and fast too.

Stwa -> RE: here's something interesting (3/19/2013 10:50:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

And yes, you can take a Panthers map, reduce the scale, then take it back into the older games.  I don't think you need to do anything but use 5CC to convert the BGM to a targa, re-scale it in a graphics program, and then re-create it as a BGM again with 5CC.

OK! Great! But we are burning daylight here. So where are these maps ... Are they in the Registered User area? [:D]

Tejszd -> RE: here's something interesting (3/20/2013 1:53:45 AM)

Wow Mafi that is great!

SteveMcClaire -> RE: here's something interesting (3/20/2013 7:02:13 PM)

quote:

OK! Great! But we are burning daylight here. So where are these maps ... Are they in the Registered User area? [:D]

Which maps? Each release of Close Combat has all its map files are in the \MAPS directory. Mafi's 5CC can work with all of them. Or did you mean something else?

Steve

Stwa -> RE: here's something interesting (3/20/2013 11:31:46 PM)

Oui, oui, le répertoire carte. C'est le plan. [:D]

Maybe you can add PitF to the Matrix Close Combat site, and put some of the maps there.

Thanks,

Stwa

Mafi -> RE: here's something interesting (4/17/2013 4:28:34 PM)

quote:

...You probably weren't thinking about this, but if you can get the element translation step into 5CC, I can ditch CC2 Tools.

Hello Stwa,
good suggestion. Implementation was not that difficult. I have added a littel help text and an additional action. See menu item "Action" -> "Data bulk replacement...". New version is online now: v1.22 http://cc2revival.npage.de/

Cheers
Mafi

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI