Newbie question on defending worlds (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3

johnpruner -> Newbie question on defending worlds (12/31/2002 9:51:13 PM)

Hi,

I have a question about how to defend my worlds. How can worlds be defended? Here are the methods that seem obvious:

1) Use a fleet to defend the world
2) Build mines in the systemj

Are there any other ways? Can the world just build weapons and those weapons will be used against attacking ships?

While I'm at it, I have another question. When I send a ship to patrol a system it starts moving from planet to planet w/in the system. I can sometimes see a pirate ship hanging around near the system but not at the planets. Is there any way to have my patrolling ship go directly after this pirate instead of waiting for the pirate to come to me?

Thanks!

Vaaish -> (1/1/2003 12:12:17 AM)

I believe that shields and weapons built on a planet will be used to defend that planet... however starships sometimes seem to "requesition" the weapons for repairs so keep an eye on them.

NefariousKoel -> (1/1/2003 6:54:32 AM)

Yeah, Vaaish has it right. From what I've noticed when you build weapons and shields on the planets themselves it will distribute them to the cities.

I've had a couple planets attacked and the cities were armed. They made a good show of it even though the cities weren't as heavily armed as the assaulting ships. You get to command the fortified cities just like starships - except the weapons are on a 'swivel mount' so to speak as they turn to aim at enemies.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI