RE: The walking dead. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

rodney727 -> RE: The walking dead. (4/1/2013 5:37:19 PM)

I agree it was kinda a letdown.... The governor and his two henchman just Rode off???!!??? There has to be an endgame now we have to wait til October !! The comic book series is nothing like the tv show. If you have a chance to read the graphic novels do so, they are very good.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

I couldn't tell that Rick was english, until later on when he was interviewed. Tonights final for the season was kind of a let down.[:-]
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

It's a huge hit mate. Funny enough I always wonder if the American audience can spot it's an english actor doing an America accent. As whenever a American actor does an English actor it's usually very obvious as it sounds nothing like any English accent. Rick the Governer (which is crazy because he is unrecognizable from the comedy series Men behaving badly..google or youtube it)and the character that was in the firsts series and back in a couple of series ago are all English.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: The walking dead. (4/1/2013 7:24:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Do you have any trouble understanding any part of other people's accents in the UK? For example for me I have a hard time understanding people who have thick southern or thick northeastern accents in the states.

I found that English people from the North East UK are very difficult to understand, especially when they get into their own dialect. Something about "Jordy" or something like that. Tough to follow.

FOARP -> RE: The walking dead. (4/8/2013 8:37:21 AM)

Shout out to Renee Zellweger and the entirety of Spinal Tap as Americans who managed to pull off British accents which were practically flawless.

Why does the Walking Dead have so many British actors? My guess is it comes down to the need for specific regional US accents which they are unlikely to find native speakers of in sufficient numbers. British people grow up hearing lots of different accents - there were at least four different accents to be found within 40 miles of where I grew up in the west of Lancashire (Welsh, Scouse, Mancunian, Lancastrian) - and are often natural mimics as a result. Most people in the US don't get this kind of exposure early on and so find different accents harder to deal with - observe the Americans who needed subtitles to watch Train Spotting.

British actors in general have become more popular for use in US TV programs because:

1) More TV shows and movies having scenarios requiring British-accented characters. GoT, with it's medieval-esque scenario, pretty much requires most of the actors to speak with a British accent to be credible (PS - as much as I love his portrayal of Tyrion Lannister, Peter Dinklage's British accent is lamentable).

2) Their familiarity with other accents.

3) (Sorry to say this) Their rather less prima donna-ish attitude to their work that comes as a result of not having been in the Hollywood system from an early age. Most British actors get their break via small roles in television during their 20's, not, as often seems to be the case with American actors, in their teen-aged years or earlier.

Terminus -> RE: The walking dead. (4/8/2013 10:27:25 AM)

I'd like to hear Tyrion Lannister with a meter-thick New Jersey Guido accent. That might make me watch an actual episode of GoT.

t001001001 -> RE: The walking dead. (4/8/2013 8:24:29 PM)

Only seasons 1 and 2 on netflix. I watched im all. I like the skinny chica w/ tshirt and jeans who enjoys shooting at stuff. Seems like a cool chica to knock back a few beers and bag zombies with. If the producers kill her off the show I'll stop watching just like when I stopped watching Big Brother when Nikki Graham got canned. Same thing really.

They never should have let her get voted off. With no chance of seeing her in a bikini - there's no reason to view the show at all is there.

wodin -> RE: The walking dead. (4/8/2013 8:32:09 PM)

Spinal Tap where Canadians..great accents though..

Terminus -> RE: The walking dead. (4/8/2013 9:05:39 PM)

I was drunk when I saw the film. Good Grief, it was weird.

hadberz -> RE: The walking dead. (4/9/2013 2:43:17 AM)

I liked the finale too. The comic, while brilliant, ended to quickly for the Govenor IMO. It'll be interesting to see how long the prison holds out.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: The walking dead. (4/9/2013 3:51:07 AM)

The Brits are also more receptive to working with zombies than are most Amies. John Wayne once said that he would rather work with a gang of lepers than one zombie. Mary Tyler Moore threatened to quit the MTM Show before working with Freckles the Zombie, forcing the network to hire Chuckles the Clown instead. ABC was forced to scrap plans for I Dream of Zombie and replaced it with I Dream of Jeannie. The stigma has also reached into the music industry, where rock band Slipknot members wear masks to hide the fact they are zombies.

rodney727 -> RE: The walking dead. (4/9/2013 5:54:43 AM)

Lmao!!
quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

The Brits are also more receptive to working with zombies than are most Amies. John Wayne once said that he would rather work with a gang of lepers than one zombie. Mary Tyler Moore threatened to quit the MTM Show before working with Freckles the Zombie, forcing the network to hire Chuckles the Clown instead. ABC was forced to scrap plans for I Dream of Zombie and replaced it with I Dream of Jeannie. The stigma has also reached into the music industry, where rock band Slipknot members wear masks to hide the fact they are zombies.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI