Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Icedawg -> Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/10/2013 2:15:22 PM)

What's the difference between these?

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course.

Am I close?

Chickenboy -> RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/10/2013 3:30:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course.

Am I close?

I would guess they're no different, Icedawg. Different 'text features' of the same game DL function for gameplay variability would be my guess. I don't see any tangible difference in the DL level for those levels of detection, but I could be wrong.

Any Devs care to opine?

Joe D. -> RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/10/2013 9:20:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course ...

In English, spot is only being seen, as opposed to snoop, which would be a more thorough examination.

"Followed" would be the equivalent of "on station," as in calling in a strike, but that's just language, not game mechanics.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/10/2013 10:35:55 PM)

...snooped is where the recon team does a rap song during the debrief, spotted is where an HQ dalmatian mascot is always present at the debrief and followed is what the junior flight crew does to the senior flight crew into the officers' club after the debrief...

AW1Steve -> RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/10/2013 11:11:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

...snooped is where the recon team does a rap song during the debrief, spotted is where an HQ dalmatian mascot is always present at the debrief and followed is what the junior flight crew does to the senior flight crew into the officers' club after the debrief...

In the later , mostly out of curiosity , although occasionally trying to cage drinks would not be amiss. [:D]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/10/2013 11:24:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

In the later , mostly out of curiosity , although occasionally trying to cage drinks would not be amiss. [:D]

...that, and the senior crew members making the junior ones put the bird to bed, schlep all the cryto gear back to Ops and fill out the gripe book often made them late for happy hour! [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/11/2013 12:03:12 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

...that, and the senior crew members making the junior ones put the bird to bed, schlep all the cryto gear back to Ops and fill out the gripe book often made them late for happy hour! [:D]

True, true. But of course, it builds character! [:D]

towers58 -> RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed (4/14/2013 4:59:29 PM)

I asked this question years ago and was told (by a developer) that the terms are just there for chrome - NO differences between them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI