more air war mysteries (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Simbelmude -> more air war mysteries (4/18/2013 3:47:41 PM)

I have given up trying to understand what decides which air formatiosn are available for a manual ground attack, since sometimes the closest ones (0% miles flown) are not listed but some more distant are.
Or why certain formations are not available for closer targets but are available for targets further away...
Also, why clicking once shows some formations available, and then even if no mission is flown, clicking again shows others;

In a recent game, I paid attention to something I never really looked at before (because it goes very quickly) : the trajectory of the planes to the staging base and then to the target. I have noticed a few instances least, where bombers stationed really close to the target, fly backwards to a further away fighter base used as staging base, and then fly back, nearly exactly acktracking, to the target hex...

Air war needs some rationalizing

rmonical -> RE: more air war mysteries (4/18/2013 4:57:30 PM)

The default air formations are sometimes odd. But if you choose a base from the nearby command that you want, the list of units presented should be everything available for that higher command element (Luftflotte for Germans I believe.)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI