Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Dragoon. -> Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/27/2013 11:07:21 PM)

The guys from Wasteland Interactive are having currently a Kickstarter Project going on for a Master of Magic alike game called World of Magic.
Kickstater - World of Magic

As a special thanks they offered today a “Pay what you want!” for three of the previous titles, for everyone backing their project.
World War 2: Time of Wrath
Strategic War in Europe
Storm over the Pacific

So how does it work?
Visit their Kickstarter-Project page. Find a tier reward that suits you. I guess if you don't care Master of Magic and only want the 3 games you could pick the £1 Settler tier.
Make your pledge and add on top of that the amount you think is fair for the 3 games.
Sometime after Kickstarter ends they will send a survey asking what to do with the extra money you pledged on top of your tier reward. You then get a link to download the games directly from their server.

rodney727 -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 2:27:40 AM)

Oh my!! Lol!! Wonder what slitherine is charging for these games now? More importantly what do they think they are worth? About $65 for all three. Please note time of wraith is the older version and is very bugged as with time of fury... So for one dollar I can get all three huh?
quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragoon

The guys from Wasteland Interactive are having currently a Kickstarter Project going on for a Master of Magic alike game called World of Magic.

As a special thanks they offered today a “Pay what you want!” for three of the previous titles, for everyone backing their project.
Strategic War in Europe
Storm over the Pacific

So how does it work?
Visit their Kickstarter-Project page. Find a tier reward that suits you. I guess if you don't care Master of Magic and only want the 3 games you could pick the £1 Settler tier.
Make your pledge and add on top of that the amount you think is fair for the 3 games.
Sometime after Kickstarter ends they will send a survey asking what to do with the extra money you pledged on top of your tier reward. You then get a link to download the games directly from their server.

Rtwfreak -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 5:24:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Oh my!! Lol!! Wonder what slitherine is charging for these games now? More importantly what do they think they are worth? About $65 for all three. Please note time of wraith is the older version and is very bugged as with time of fury... So for one dollar I can get all three huh?
quote:

Strategic War in Europe
Storm over the Pacific

So how does it work?

lol Rogo I'm not against you because I believe a lot of what you say and think but I have to wonder how many days you've got left here? usually the broom crew will sweep you out in very little time.

Dragoon. -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 6:04:05 AM)

quote:

Oh my!! Lol!! Wonder what slitherine is charging for these games now? More importantly what do they think they are worth? About $65 for all three. Please note time of wraith is the older version and is very bugged as with time of fury...

65$ sound nice for all three. However for example, if you only care about one of the three games you can give away the other two games. Wasteland interactive specially said that is up to you!
Please note the Kickstarter campaign is only lasting for 4 more days. Ends Thursday May 2, 3:00pm CEST. All the extra money will go directly into developing of their new title World of Magic. Which then will likely be published by Matrixgames/Slitherine again, so everyone will eventually get their fair share. :)

quote:

So for one dollar I can get all three huh?

Actually no. :)
First, Worlds of Magic is on the British Kickstater not the US which use pound Sterling as currency instead of US-Dollar. $1 ~ £0.64.
Second, the lowest pledge tier is £1 and you have to put on top of that your "Pay what you want." amount.
If someone would be a complete cheapass the lowest possible amount is two pounds. 2£ ~ 3$.

demyansk -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 12:34:59 PM)

I still don't see the storm or strategy game listed?

rodney727 -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 2:41:40 PM)

I'm thinking probably on Monday ! Sadly by pointing out in inaccuracies in pricing I irritate and agitate the top bras . I think every argument wether right or wrong has to have an end game and this is it. Many no doubt will be glad but I spoke my mind and for that I am grateful.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

quote:

quote:

Strategic War in Europe
Storm over the Pacific

So how does it work?

lol Rogo I'm not against you because I believe a lot of what you say and think but I have to wonder how many days you've got left here? usually the broom crew will sweep you out in very little time.

Ranger33 -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 3:25:05 PM)

rogo, I think you are hurting your cause more than helping it at this point. There is certainly a point to be made here, but it shouldn't involve quite so many "lols" and exclamation points.

The point here is that Matrix has made the argument that high prices on old titles keep funding going to devs, and keep "value" in the games over time. Yet, here we have the devs themselves letting customers choose their own price for several old games, in order to help fund a new one. This serves two purposes: Cash flow for the new game, obviously, and also bringing in new and old wargamers to their new game as well as their old ones. How effective it will be I can't say, but I imagine it will certainly get more people playing their games than the $65 price would have ever even dreamed of coming close to.

Personally, I picked up Storm over the Pacific on Desura when it was on sale there for like $7.50 and I was very happy with that purchase. I had been pondering WiTP: AE and decided to try a cheaper, less scary experience [:D]. Knowing that they made a cool title like that gives me confidence in backing World of Magic. I wasn't aware that it was the same developer until seeing this post. Marketing at work!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 5:49:14 PM)

Rogo,

I also don't understand what you've really been doing for the last while. We discussed pricing in the PON forum, after that you and I also had a private discussion after which you were happy that you'd been heard and that there was nothing more to say. Yet when a new thread regarding the RPS post and then our response went up, you jumped back in with both feet. Do you feel you've really added something more to the discussion since then?

What I've seen is someone who is more and more upset with us, yet I do not see what has actually changed that would cause that. I've seen several posters over time post comments about pricing and almost invariably, it's followed by a comment about how they will be banned, or censored, or otherwise ridiculed. You know, that doesn't actually happen for pricing discussions, however it does happen if the rules about civil discussion and treating us with decency are not followed. A constructive discussion is one thing, constant negative comments for no real purpose are another. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy I guess.

I'm not sure if these comments by you and some other posters are intended to raise your stature in the eyes of other forum members. For my part, I can't see how that would be the result. We have listened, we have discussed, we have responded and we are continuing to respond. In some areas, we've already agreed. In general, we may not agree on pricing but I don't see how the negative filibustering I've been seeing here is actually going to change anyone's mind about anything. All it does is drag a discussion down.

I don't intend to single you out, there are certainly others in this forum who have crossed the line many more times in the past. There are also others in this discussion that have been pushing this topic for much longer. There are also some who have made individual posts that have been more negative, but not as many overall and not in as many threads. But the topic itself is not the issue and a single post is not the issue, it's rather when it becomes just a reason to post negatively again and again rather than an actual discussion that we have to step in as moderators.

I'd suggest you take a step back and decide if this is really helping anyone and if there's really more that needs to be said.

Regards,

- Erik

rodney727 -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 6:15:48 PM)

Of course you are right Erik . From now on I won't post anything else about pricing as I see now how it goes against the grain. I'm not some crazy person just wanted to be heard. Just frustrated of course. I have bought many games from this site and have supported slitherine with tablet versions of by telling every one who i see these games are outstanding on the iPad . I do want to see more games come to this platform it would be nice to have a sub forum on your versions of mobile games. That's it.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Rogo,

I also don't understand what you've really been doing for the last while. We discussed pricing in the PON forum, after that you and I also had a private discussion after which you were happy that you'd been heard and that there was nothing more to say. Yet when a new thread regarding the RPS post and then our response went up, you jumped back in with both feet. Do you feel you've really added something more to the discussion since then?

What I've seen is someone who is more and more upset with us, yet I do not see what has actually changed that would cause that. I've seen several posters over time post comments about pricing and almost invariably, it's followed by a comment about how they will be banned, or censored, or otherwise ridiculed. You know, that doesn't actually happen for pricing discussions, however it does happen if the rules about civil discussion and treating us with decency are followed. A constructive discussion is one thing, constant negative comments for no real purpose are another. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy I guess.

I'm not sure if these comments by you and some other posters are intended to raise your stature in the eyes of other forum members. For my part, I can't see how that would be the result. We have listened, we have discussed, we have responded and we are continuing to respond. In some areas, we've already agreed. In general, we may not agree on pricing but I don't see how the negative filibustering I've been seeing here is actually going to change anyone's mind about anything. All it does is drag a discussion down.

I don't intend to single you out, there are certainly others in this forum who have crossed the line many more times in the past. There are also others in this discussion that have been pushing this topic for much longer. There are also some who have made individual posts that have been more negative, but not as many overall and not in as many threads. But the topic itself is not the issue and a single post is not the issue, it's rather when it becomes just a reason to post negatively again and again rather than an actual discussion that we have to step in as moderators.

I'd suggest you take a step back and decide if this is really helping anyone and if there's really more that needs to be said.

Regards,

- Erik

Anguille -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (4/28/2013 7:45:20 PM)

This is a nice offer and i recommend to anyone still hesitating. All 3 games are excellent. Even though i have Time of Fury, Time of Wrath is still worth it as it runs nicely on my netbook. Strategic War in Europe has become one of my favorite games...

Dragoon. -> RE: Pay what you want: Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe and WWII Time of Wrath (5/2/2013 1:43:46 AM)

In less than 12 hours the Kickstarter campaign will end. You got till Thursday May 2, 3:00pm CEST ((9:00am EDT) World Time) to jump in and get this 3 wonderful games while directly supporting the development of a new game.

Pay what you want

FAQ: How to up you Pledge

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI