Taking time out for awhile (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

wodin -> Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 1:11:31 PM)

I've decided to take time away from the forum..maybe for good or maybe just awhile.

As some know I have a pit tumour which effects my personality, mood swings, no patience, say things maybe I should keep to myself etc etc. The tumour is on the Pituatory Gland which deals with all the hormones in your body aswell as adrenal gland and thyroid. This is probably not a good thing to have while being on a forum. It certainly gets me into trouble here as I end up speaking my mind where sometimes it's best kept to oneself. Some people with this tumour will say they don't know half the time if it's them speaking or the tumour. Those close to me have seen a big change BUT they understand where as on a forum you can just look like a trouble maker etc which is to be expected.

I know I've really rocked the boat here between Iain and myself..most likely beyond any reconciliation. I just can't stop myself from questioning or putting my thoughts forward even when it could cause trouble.

I will still check here at how certain games are coming on but I wont be posting..I will become a lurker;).

Had some great times over the last ten years here and met some great people..thanks.

Jason

vonRocko -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 1:26:57 PM)

Wodin, I'm sorry for your health problems and I hope everything will work out for you in the end. I'll miss your posts, and the info you share. I don't know what happened with you and Iain, but I hope you reconsider your decision. I wish you luck for whatever the future holds.[:)]

Sarge -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 1:31:20 PM)

I agree, its been fun but all good things come to an end .......

Raverdave -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 1:36:19 PM)

Take care mate.

Anguille -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 3:06:04 PM)

Take care of yourself and come back soon...

I think you had some good questions but sometimes it's better not to ask. I don't like mysteries either but i burnt myself in forums a while back and try to be as "political correct" as possible and focus on games.

Cheers

Dennistoun -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 3:17:33 PM)

All the very best to you, wodin. I don't post here often unless I have an issue with a game or suchlike but I've found your posts mainly informative and interesting. Don't take too long in coming back.

wworld7 -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 3:20:53 PM)

Take care and I hope for the best with you and your health issues.

kemmo -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 3:33:02 PM)

Wodin I,ve read your posts on this and other forums for some time,you,ve sure had a lot to say ,most of which I have agreed with,some I haven't,but it's allways been interesting.Hope everything works out OK for you.

catwhoorg -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 4:37:13 PM)

Those pit tumours can be really nasty.

Look after your health Wodin.

parusski -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 4:49:47 PM)

Well my fine feathered friend, I for one have NEVER found you to be rude or inappropriate. Your hair may be to long, but I overlooked that. I hope you and your daughter do well, keep in touch.

warspite1 -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 5:11:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I've decided to take time away from the forum..maybe for good or maybe just awhile.

As some know I have a pit tumour which effects my personality, mood swings, no patience, say things maybe I should keep to myself etc etc. The tumour is on the Pituatory Gland which deals with all the hormones in your body aswell as adrenal gland and thyroid. This is probably not a good thing to have while being on a forum. It certainly gets me into trouble here as I end up speaking my mind where sometimes it's best kept to oneself. Some people with this tumour will say they don't know half the time if it's them speaking or the tumour. Those close to me have seen a big change BUT they understand where as on a forum you can just look like a trouble maker etc which is to be expected.

I know I've really rocked the boat here between Iain and myself..most likely beyond any reconciliation. I just can't stop myself from questioning or putting my thoughts forward even when it could cause trouble.

I will still check here at how certain games are coming on but I wont be posting..I will become a lurker;).

Had some great times over the last ten years here and met some great people..thanks.

Jason
warspite1

I hope things improve for you on the health front wodin. All the best.

Perturabo -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 6:33:56 PM)

Get better soon!

shunwick -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 7:38:51 PM)

Wodin,

Keep well.

Best wishes,
Steve

Jevhaddah -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 11:02:07 PM)

Wodin thar be no need for yoo to go anywhere mate. We all have our little issues and if people don't like what yoo type they can put yoo on ignore or just not read yer posts.

Thar be no need for yoo to isolate yerself none of us are perfect.... well my wife is (she is looking as I type).. [:D]

Cheers

Jev

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/6/2013 11:23:49 PM)

That's a fact.....jack! I agree[:)]
quote:

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Wodin thar be no need for yoo to go anywhere mate. We all have our little issues and if people don't like what yoo type they can put yoo on ignore or just not read yer posts.

Thar be no need for yoo to isolate yerself none of us are perfect.... well my wife is (she is looking as I type).. [:D]

Cheers

Jev

Gilmer -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 12:21:25 AM)

I've never had issues with you and you always seemed to have a good thought or two. Usually, 1 or 2 better than I have. :)

Yogi the Great -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 12:28:05 AM)

[image]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r743/bettyboopnames/Betty%20Boop%20Nurse%20Get%20Well%20Soon/betty.jpg[/image]

rodney727 -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 1:06:18 AM)

Get well Wodin!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 1:48:52 AM)

Hi Wodin,

I understand this is a condition that can be treated? If so, I hope you are able to recover, get well and return at some point.

Regards,

- Erik

VPaulus -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 3:24:11 AM)

I suppose I'll still see you at SHQ, ain't so Mr. Costa?
I hope so. [:)]

dougo33 -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 3:26:57 AM)

Sorry to see you have to take a break. I never had issues with your posts (if fact as I said on your FB page, your posts were helpful ). Good luck and come back soon. I hope you keep up your FB page as I enjoy the info about the games.

Alan Sharif -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 8:23:42 AM)

Sorry to read of your health problems and hope you have a speedy recovery. Got to agree with some others here. I may not always agree with you, but I enjoy hearing your point of view.

Lord Zimoa -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 9:01:14 AM)

Hi Wodin,

Sorry to hear this...

Get well soon!

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

Hertston -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 1:08:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I know I've really rocked the boat here between Iain and myself..most likely beyond any reconciliation.

Oh.. I doubt it. Iain does talk some bollocks on occasion (no offence, Iain - so do I!), but has never struck me as vindictive or likely to hold a grudge.

quote:

I just can't stop myself from questioning or putting my thoughts forward even when it could cause trouble.

Not much wrong with that. Can't speak on the effects of a tumour obviously, but I do have significant depression and anxiety issues, controlled by a cocktail of drugs that often have much the results you describe. Never bothered me. But then it wouldn't... that's why I take the pills. [:D]

Stick around mate and be yourself whatever makes you that way. We all know who the w*nkers are, and you aren't one of them.

baloo7777 -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 1:21:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kemmo

Wodin I,ve read your posts on this and other forums for some time,you,ve sure had a lot to say ,most of which I have agreed with,some I haven't,but it's allways been interesting.Hope everything works out OK for you.

+1

kingstuart444 -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 2:02:55 PM)

i have always enjoyed your post and insight.  be well

mllange -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 3:34:20 PM)

Best of luck, Wodin. Get well and return soon.

tcarusil -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 5:30:47 PM)

Get well and come back soon. I may not always agree with your posts, but I'd readily defend your right to have an opinion.

TomC

DampSquib -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 7:42:38 PM)

Take care & return soon.

Orm -> RE: Taking time out for awhile (5/7/2013 8:03:33 PM)

Take care Wodin. You are already missed.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI