RE: f r u s t r a t i o n (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury

Rasputitsa -> RE: f r u s t r a t i o n (5/17/2013 12:05:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter123
quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa
It looks like you have regimental symbols on your German unit icons, is that just eye-candy, or does it represent a different level in the game. The game runs on two levels, Corps and Division, so have you transferred that into Division and Regiment, or have you got a third level.

P.S. nice work recreating the historical map into game hexes. [&o]

Its a mistake (it was late[>:])
The scenario is a starting point. About the units, my intention is to split the divisions in a lot of subunits covering the front. This can be done "in game" by playing both sides and making a save, then copying the landunits file from the save to the scenario folder.
The level should be the same for all units, because I like free merge and split for every unit.

I agree, as there is no stacking I like the merge/split feature that allows some historical flexibility. I have reduced the cost and time delay ( 1 turn) to more realistic levels, renaming component units so that the split units can be identified and possibly merged back into their parent Corps/Division later.

Peter123 -> RE: f r u s t r a t i o n (5/17/2013 12:40:28 PM)

quote:

I agree, as there is no stacking I like the merge/split feature that allows some historical flexibility. I have reduced the cost and time delay ( 1 turn) to more realistic levels, renaming component units so that the split units can be identified and possibly merged back into their parent Corps/Division later.

I personally think that free split and merge of units, even with zero delay and keeping track of the units is a more elegant way of representing the concentration and dispersion of force than stacking. Stacking is necessary in boardgames, but I dont understand why almost every computer wargame uses the same method. Many counters to check and move unnecessarily. But must only be me.

Rasputitsa -> RE: f r u s t r a t i o n (5/17/2013 2:47:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter123
quote:

I personally think that free split and merge of units, even with zero delay and keeping track of the units is a more elegant way of representing the concentration and dispersion of force than stacking. Stacking is necessary in boardgames, but I dont understand why almost every computer wargame uses the same method. Many counters to check and move unnecessarily. But must only be me.

The text I have is :

[UnitSplitting]
FreezeTimeModifierAfterUnitSplit_Land = 0.1
CostModifierOfUnitSplit_Land = 0.1

Haven't tried to set 0, but above setting allows a move in the next turn and a small cost, I suppose the justification is to stop over-use of split/merge, but thanks for the thought, the flexibility you get from this gives a more realistic control of units.

The value of the TOF system is that it more realistically matches the strategic scale of the game, having hundreds of units on a map is not realistic, as no High Command ever worked at that level, but was mainly dealing with Corps and Divisions, but with the occasional ability to create detachments. [:)]

Steely Glint -> RE: f r u s t r a t i o n (6/15/2013 4:40:15 AM)

I got the editor to work, finally, by nuking all the file permissions for its directory. Right-click, Properties, Security, Advanced. Once they were all gone the editor FINALLY worked!

Rasputitsa -> RE: f r u s t r a t i o n (6/15/2013 6:25:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint
I got the editor to work, finally, by nuking all the file permissions for its directory. Right-click, Properties, Security, Advanced. Once they were all gone the editor FINALLY worked!

Good to hear, you have entered the editing swamp, [:D]see how it goes, the next problem is getting the editor to save a viable edited scenario[;)].

Steely Glint -> RE: f r u s t r a t i o n (6/15/2013 4:02:55 PM)

I got it to save. It crashes nine times out of ten, but it finally saves.

What a really bad piece of software!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI