Newbie Jap Question... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

JockJimmy -> Newbie Jap Question... (5/17/2013 2:16:20 PM)

My first post so please be gentle.... and sorry if its been asked before.

(i) When building LI it takes 100 supply (plus 10HI and 10Mp) and then 1000 supply to repair it. Since it then generates 1 supply per turn it must take 3 years to pay for itself. Have I got this right?

(ii) When repairing industry do you need Eng or just supplies? And is there any way to speed it up?

Thanks in advance.

JJ.

tigercub -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/17/2013 2:42:09 PM)

1.yes I think you are right about 3 years...don't over do it...I think u only need a little extra...depends on scen played.

2. Don't need Eng to fix factory just supply...10,000 to start the ball rolling.

Tigercub

JockJimmy -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/17/2013 3:02:00 PM)

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

JJ

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/17/2013 3:05:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JockJimmy

My first post so please be gentle.... and sorry if its been asked before.

(i) When building LI it takes 100 supply (plus 10HI and 10Mp) and then 1000 supply to repair it. Since it then generates 1 supply per turn it must take 3 years to pay for itself. Have I got this right?

(ii) When repairing industry do you need Eng or just supplies? And is there any way to speed it up?

Thanks in advance.

JJ.

Welcome.

LI produces only supply, which stays local and does not flow into central pools as HI does. In that sense it is very valuable . . . locally. Whether you should fix it--ever, sometimes, always--is hotly debated among veteran players. There is a short thread right now in The War Room called "stratbombing manpower" which discusses this a bit. I am an outlier opinion around here on repairing LI, FWIW.

It takes 10,000 supply in the base, and 1000 per point with one point per day repaired. There's no way to speed it up.

If just starting with the game you should read Alfred's Logistics 101 document to supplement the manual:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2878790&mpage=1&key=logistics%2C101?

geofflambert -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/17/2013 8:42:26 PM)

All I can say for you JimmyJock is I've been playing this game for years and only now am I trying to learn the Japanese side. Are your balls brass or titanium? I was referring to your preferred bearings, of course.[;)]

JockJimmy -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/17/2013 8:56:59 PM)

Well Geoff I thought that if I could master the Japs then the Allies would be child's play. Even with all the guides and help on here I think the first turn took me about fifty hours.

As for my balls - I spent the day at Lords so they are very, very cold.[;)]

obvert -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/18/2013 3:24:20 PM)

Welcome.

if you need to know more on Japanese economic stuff, check Mike Solli's AAR and the first few pages there. It has a wealth of info about the setup, upgrades for ships, factory and R n D planning and other stuff. The great thing about reading it there is you can see the discussion and the slight differences of thought about these things.

What the Bull says is good, even though he is an Allied player tried and true. [;)] If you want to expand something, anything, make sure you're thinking long term. Will you even hold it in three years? What is the cost of expansion vs the cost of shipping (in fuel) to get supply there if you don't expand?

The one thing you can't get enough of as Japan is oil/fuel. This is the entire reason for the war and it should frame your decisions at every level. I learned this a bit too late to really play efficiently in my first few games. Take it heart now and you'll be glad later!

Lokasenna -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/18/2013 4:54:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

Welcome.

if you need to know more on Japanese economic stuff, check Mike Solli's AAR and the first few pages there. It has a wealth of info about the setup, upgrades for ships, factory and R n D planning and other stuff. The great thing about reading it there is you can see the discussion and the slight differences of thought about these things.

What the Bull says is good, even though he is an Allied player tried and true. [;)] If you want to expand something, anything, make sure you're thinking long term. Will you even hold it in three years? What is the cost of expansion vs the cost of shipping (in fuel) to get supply there if you don't expand?

The one thing you can't get enough of as Japan is oil/fuel. This is the entire reason for the war and it should frame your decisions at every level. I learned this a bit too late to really play efficiently in my first few games. Take it heart now and you'll be glad later!

I found the ship-specific planning and whatnot to be particularly helpful in Solli's AAR, as well as his organization style (assigning ships/units to 5th Fleet, 4th Fleet, etc., all of which have their own AOO).

I've also discovered/decided in the last day or so that, for me, a flowchart of which aircraft I'm going to R&D is the best way forwards for me on my next Japanese start. Doing something like that for your own plans would probably be helpful. I'm doing it so that I know which aircraft factories to change to a different type and when. Simple advice, and something I probably should've learned a long time ago...

sprior -> RE: Newbie Jap Question... (5/19/2013 6:28:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JockJimmy

As for my balls - I spent the day at Lords so they are very, very cold.[;)]

Just another day in paradise.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI