RE: New map for WITE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

ivanov -> RE: New map for WITE (8/14/2013 5:48:32 PM)

Great mod however I decided to stick to the original unit counters. The only issue with the map, is that for my taste it's a bit too "pretty" as for the map, that is supposed to represent the scene of the bloodiest and most savage conflict in the human history.

Powloon -> RE: New map for WITE (8/21/2013 8:42:52 AM)

Just wanted to chime in and say great map it really makes the game feel new and fresh again. I liked the unit counters as well although if I was nit picking the Rumanian and Soviet unit colours are a little too similar.

moichris -> RE: New map for WITE (8/23/2013 8:44:56 AM)

Amazing job. Cant wait for new files.
Thanks a lot Jison

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (9/9/2013 9:50:23 PM)

More pieces done - link in my signature.

[:)]

Jison

SigUp -> RE: New map for WITE (9/9/2013 11:01:54 PM)

A little bit strange after seeing the vanilla interface for so long, but it does look great. Your work is extraordinary. Interesting is also your approach to the rail screen. You only show the damaged parts right? I already wondered why there were no rail symbols showing in my Soviet game. [:D]

Oh, and did you slightly change the counter colours by the way? I have the feeling that the Soviet and German counters look slightly different. Anyway, great job. Are you now done, or do you still have something planned for WITE?

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2013 8:58:10 AM)

Right, no reason to clutter the map with infinite numbers of 'this rail is operational' signs - so just damaged parts are marked. But I will add a sign for rails that are cut-off but otherwise intact - I somehow missed to think of that this time. [:'(]

There will be one last update before this mod is finished, but that will most likely be a while.

Jison

morvael -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2013 9:44:54 AM)

Soft factor "Units Attached" shows 4 stripes for a Soviet Rifle division that cannot have any units attached.

morvael -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2013 9:46:01 AM)

Anyway, that's how it looks (for those who want to try):

[image]local://upfiles/22250/9EA239E794704AA6AD67B1A5939875CC.jpg[/image]

SigUp -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2013 9:56:38 AM)

And here's the rail screen I was talking about:

[image]local://upfiles/43499/51E45E886C454A9DA4C2101B611A5E65.jpg[/image]

EisenHammer -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2013 2:51:20 PM)

Nice...[:)]

GBS -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2013 3:08:40 PM)

Id like to try it. Where is the download link and instructions?

RedLancer -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2013 3:59:16 PM)

On Jison's signature block.

Rasputitsa -> RE: New map for WITE (9/17/2013 6:24:24 PM)

Thanks, this map and other graphic mods are a huge improvement. The map alone has brought this game off the shelf, making the strategy options much easier to see and more pleasant to use. Great work [:)]

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (9/18/2013 11:53:07 PM)

Thanks! [:)] I'm glad the mod is appreciated - it makes all the difference in the world.

Jison

samba_liten -> RE: New map for WITE (10/2/2013 3:56:24 PM)

Just wanted to add my congratulations. The mod looks fantastic!

DrewBlack -> RE: New map for WITE (10/2/2013 6:55:43 PM)

Hi

Got a chance to say WOW I love this mod adds perfectly to the feel of the game.

Brilliant

Drew

derhexer -> RE: New map for WITE (10/2/2013 8:54:43 PM)

Can I tempt you with a new and completely scratch-made map for Wite?

Edit: It seems I'm not allowed to post links - so just use the one in my signature below if you are interested.

Awesome graphics and unit mod, Jison!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make these mods

hfarrish -> RE: New map for WITE (10/6/2013 7:22:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jison

Thanks! [:)] I'm glad the mod is appreciated - it makes all the difference in the world.

Jison

Question for you - I understand how soft factors are now reflected but it seems like in a lot of cases they aren't showing up at all on enemy units. This is a big issue when facing the panzer onslaught in '41 because being able to see the red/orange/yellow/green helps a lot. Maybe my intel is just particularly bad in my current game but I probably 85% of the panzers show no soft factor at all, even with a unit adjacent...which is unusual. Or does this mean either no intel or no fuel at all?

Just curious.

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (10/6/2013 8:06:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hfarrish

quote:

Jison

Question for you - I understand how soft factors are now reflected but it seems like in a lot of cases they aren't showing up at all on enemy units. This is a big issue when facing the panzer onslaught in '41 because being able to see the red/orange/yellow/green helps a lot. Maybe my intel is just particularly bad in my current game but I probably 85% of the panzers show no soft factor at all, even with a unit adjacent...which is unusual. Or does this mean either no intel or no fuel at all?

Just curious.

It goes from 4 stripes (the highest/best soft factor) down to zero stripes (the lowest/worst soft factor). So if
you dont see any soft factor displayed on a unit counter you have intel on, it means it has the lowest/worst factor.

So just to be clear: the light green triangle is replaced with 4 stripes, dark green with 3 stripes, yellow with
2 stripes, orange with 1 stripe and red is empty, with zero stripes.

Jison

hfarrish -> RE: New map for WITE (10/6/2013 9:40:06 PM)

Thanks - just to be clear is there any way to distinguish between a unit that has no/lowest fuel and a unit for which you have no intel?

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (10/7/2013 8:56:17 AM)

quote:

Thanks - just to be clear is there any way to distinguish between a unit that has no/lowest fuel and a unit for which you have no intel?

None other than the usual question mark on the counters for which you have no intel.

Jison

gingerbread -> RE: New map for WITE (10/7/2013 11:16:51 AM)

quote:

You need a DL of 7+ to see soft factor fuel, so check DL with a mouse over.

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (10/7/2013 11:56:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

quote:

With that in mind, perhaps it would be better to have 5 to 1 stripes, instead of 4 to zero. That would, as far as
I understand it, eliminate the need to do a mouse over when in doubt.

Jison

gingerbread -> RE: New map for WITE (10/7/2013 4:29:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

quote:

With that in mind, perhaps it would be better to have 5 to 1 stripes, instead of 4 to zero. That would, as far as

Jison

If you do decide to implement this reasonable change, please also consider to draw the stripe(s) all the way to the edge of the counter so as to make it possible to see the the stripe(s) of the counter below the top one, if any.

That I can't see the soft factors of the units at the bottom of the stack is what is keeping me from using your counter mod, though I am joyfully using your map.

hfarrish -> RE: New map for WITE (10/7/2013 5:27:33 PM)

quote:

Jison

Awesome, thank you.

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (10/7/2013 9:07:14 PM)

Thanks for the feedback, guys. [:)]

I have put these changes on my todo list.

Jison

tombo -> RE: New map for WITE (10/9/2013 12:57:16 AM)

+1 Thank you and nice work!

Ive decided to come back to WITE do to your work and the DEVs continued updates.
cheers.

kfmiller41 -> RE: New map for WITE (11/2/2013 9:34:32 PM)

Also wanted to add my appreciation for your work, just reloaded the game and could not play it without your mod, just looked wrong[:D]

Balou -> RE: New map for WITE (11/3/2013 11:39:10 PM)

Jison,

One more for your todo list: hex X12, y89: "Brunau" !!! It's the city where the bad boy who started WW2 and WitE was born. It should read "Braunau".
Apart from this most serious misspelling in the history of ww2 wargaming [:D]: thanks for your map.

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (11/5/2013 8:56:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Balou

Jison,

One more for your todo list: hex X12, y89: "Brunau" !!! It's the city where the bad boy who started WW2 and WitE was born. It should read "Braunau".
Apart from this most serious misspelling in the history of ww2 wargaming [:D]: thanks for your map.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are using Gorans map version? As far as I know, Braunau are not included in WitE - so it isnt even on my map. It is added to Gorans map however, and with Brunau as a spelling.

Jison

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI