Never never never fight this if..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

M4Jess -> Never never never fight this if..... (1/6/2003 6:52:07 AM)

you are a M4 Lover....

Yes I have killed them..yes they are slow...but they are (if I had one) my fav German tank....

once durning a ASL game I was down to one JdgTiger and was on the attck..I rolled right over a wood bridge..I went swimming...
and lost...but still a very cool tank!

M4 Jess~

M4Jess -> (1/6/2003 6:53:34 AM)

opps

[IMG]http://www.ordmusfound.org/images/mvc-009s.jpg[/IMG]

Belisarius -> (1/6/2003 7:06:26 AM)

She sure is a real beaty, but take a look to the left, in the background!

A JagdPanther! [img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/malelovies.gif[/img]

M4Jess -> (1/6/2003 7:17:10 AM)

is that love comming out of your head??

Goblin -> (1/6/2003 8:47:51 AM)

Hot dam! A Jagdpanther! And a Jagdtiger! Jess actually does have some taste!

:eek:

Goblin:p

Jim1954 -> (1/6/2003 9:49:16 PM)

Wouldn't you hate to have been the loader on that sucker. How much does a 128mm shell weigh anyway?

fontenoy -> (1/7/2003 3:12:43 AM)

I,too,really like the Jagdpanther.In one game I had one take numerous hits from IS-1s and 2s,ISU-122s and assorted T-34s.I counted 8 turns before it was finally destroyed.One TOUGH machine.In fact I prefer using them to the Jagdtiger.

Regards,
Fontenoy.

Voriax -> (1/7/2003 3:35:09 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim1954
[B]Wouldn't you hate to have been the loader on that sucker. How much does a 128mm shell weigh anyway? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, a 128mm flak shell weighs about 26 kilos, so I'd guess that's pretty close. Of course you have to add the weight of a charge, as it was a 2 part round.

Hmm..and as the PaK shell would not have very much explosive in it like the flak shell, it would be heavier.... closer to 35 kilos perhaps. Ouch. :)

Voriax

Jim1954 -> (1/7/2003 3:37:39 AM)

Guess that's why the ROF is a little on the slow side. The guy would have to have forearms like Popeye!! lol

:D

Voriax -> (1/7/2003 4:02:25 AM)

Luckily there were _two_ loaders :)

Voriax

rbrunsman -> (1/7/2003 4:08:32 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fontenoy
[B]I,too,really like the Jagdpanther.In one game I had one take numerous hits from IS-1s and 2s,ISU-122s and assorted T-34s.I counted 8 turns before it was finally destroyed.One TOUGH machine.In fact I prefer using them to the Jagdtiger.

Regards,
Fontenoy. [/B][/QUOTE]

And I just had my King Tiger immobilized by the first shot it took from a **** 57mm AT gun. :mad: :mad:

LyleGorch -> (1/7/2003 5:49:38 AM)

Aaah,

The pic brings back fond memories of trips to Aberdeen -- I could pitch a tent in that field and stay there for days, just going over the afv's. :cool: The last time I was there it was about ten below with the wind chill, but the resulting sore throat was worth it.

I remember standing right next to that monster and being dawrfed by it -- very impressive.

Goblin -> (1/7/2003 6:02:16 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LyleGorch
[B]Aaah,

The pic brings back fond memories of trips to Aberdeen -- I could pitch a tent in that field and stay there for days, just going over the afv's. :cool: The last time I was there it was about ten below with the wind chill, but the resulting sore throat was worth it.

I remember standing right next to that monster and being dawrfed by it -- very impressive. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hate you.

Goblin:(

Capt. Pixel -> (1/7/2003 6:17:47 AM)

I'm just jealous, Lyle. :)

M4Jess -> (1/7/2003 6:31:40 AM)

All east coast people! lets just go!

[IMG]http://www.ordmusfound.org/images/map2.gif[/IMG]

Voriax -> (1/7/2003 6:37:16 AM)

Contact Sven, he can probably arrange it so that you can peek inside...

Voriax

LyleGorch -> Aberdeen/Ordnance Museum (1/7/2003 6:57:34 AM)

Friends,

No need to be jealous -- I am just lucky to be fairly close to MD. and have a sister who lives an hour away from the base. I first went there in '83 and took a few rolls worth of pic's of the tanks, guns, etc. but have lost the pictures over time :(

The museum is very convenient to DC, Baltimore and Philly, and it's really worth the trip. Dozens of afv's from many countires/eras, a German railway gun, all kinds of artilley pieces (including a massive dual 128 AA gun) and an excellent indoor musuem with small arms, mortars, panzerfausts, etc. And I believe, if memory serves me, it's free.

Happy hunting to all.

Goblin -> Re: Aberdeen/Ordnance Museum (1/7/2003 7:31:23 AM)

[B]Friends,

No need to be jealous -- I am just lucky to be fairly close to MD. and have a sister who lives an hour away from the base. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hate you more. :(

Goblin;)

M4Jess -> Re: Aberdeen/Ordnance Museum (1/7/2003 7:42:59 AM)

[B]Friends, The museum is very convenient to DC, Baltimore and Philly, and it's really worth the trip. Dozens of afv's from many countires/eras, a German railway gun, all kinds of artilley pieces (including a massive dual 128 AA gun) and an excellent indoor musuem with small arms, mortars, panzerfausts, etc. And I believe, if memory serves me, it's free.

Happy hunting to all. [/B][/QUOTE]

you mean this??

[IMG]http://www.ordmusfound.org/images/flak40.jpg[/IMG]

Hades -> (1/7/2003 11:22:01 AM)

holy crap that is one scary gun

fontenoy -> (1/8/2003 3:18:59 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]And I just had my King Tiger immobilized by the first shot it too
k from a **** 57mm AT gun. :mad: :mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

That was an exceptional Jagdpanther.In my experience though,I take a platoon of Jagdpanthers and a platoon of Jagdtigers and I will still be fighting with the JP's long after the JT's are destroyed by a T-34,or a ATR,or a rifle squad,or a farmer with a rock...:rolleyes:.The bigger they are,the harder they fall...(sigh):D

Regards,
Fontenoy.

rbrunsman -> (1/8/2003 3:37:28 AM)

I guess I can't complain too much because I am one of those lucky guys who had his sniper take out a Tiger with an assault. That was funny to me, not so to my poor opponent.:)

LyleGorch -> (1/8/2003 7:28:53 AM)

Jess,

That's it!! I'd like to have that sucker in the back yard. Thanks for the picture.

As for snipers versus Tigers -- the Tigers have gotten their cosmic revenge on me by having dive bombers single out my snipers for special attention. Oh, those eagle-eyed Stuka pilots, spotting heavily camo'ed concealment experts from 10,000 feet! (Of course, that was in the original SP.)

"If they move, kill 'em!"

Goblin -> (1/8/2003 8:19:57 AM)

Now the Stuka pilots don't see anything [I]but[/I] the Tigers, and feel they must still fulfill their obligation to dop ordinance on a tank, any tank they see....:eek: :mad:

Goblin

fontenoy -> (1/9/2003 4:48:12 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]Now the Stuka pilots don't see anything [I]but[/I] the Tigers, and feel they must still fulfill their obligation to dop ordinance on a tank, any tank they see....:eek: :mad:

Goblin [/B][/QUOTE]

Amen to that Goblin!Yet when they attack the enemy they prefer trucks or jeeps or even mortar squads!Anything but tanks:rolleyes:
BTW,I notice you are shown as having registered in March 2002,yet you have over 2000 posts-A Goblin types furiously;)

Regards,
Fontenoy.

Goblin -> (1/9/2003 5:42:15 AM)

A Goblin has all winter off, lol.

Goblin- A Goblin used to average 14 posts per day;)

Belisarius -> (1/9/2003 6:25:39 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]A Goblin has all winter off, lol.

Goblin- A Goblin used to average 14 posts per day;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, I always knew Goblins hibernated!! :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI