Generated Campaign Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Warhorse -> Generated Campaign Problem (2/15/2001 9:34:00 PM)

Has anyone else experienced a crash to desktop at the completion of a battle with a campaign made by the Generater, in this case Comm China in '45? It didn't even get to the refit screen, went to the results screen, hit done, then crashed!! Last time it went to the next battle, which switched to Germans, in what appeared to be WB's one campaign, not sure which!!! I think this generater must have problems with nations other than the big 6? Anyone else??? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Warhorse -> (2/16/2001 3:56:00 AM)

Bump ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Sgt. Rick -> (2/16/2001 4:14:00 AM)

I have had similar problems, but it occurs on WWII campaign during game play. It has occurred on every version so far. In most cases it occurs on the computer's turn. I usually end up getting rid of the .prf file.

Igor -> (2/16/2001 2:48:00 PM)

Well, yes and no. The basic game is woefully unprepared for a PLA campaign; I'm slogging through one right now (1930-1949; now there's a tour of duty!), and every single battle has been in Central Europe. If you play the game completely clean; no editting of any kind to make it more interesting (or realistic), then the campaign engine works. Otherwise, it crashes and burns. For me, it was a "pick a front" screen with a French flag on the lower left hand corner with only Europe as a possibility (and of course, no provision made for Chinese in the ETO). I have no real hopes that the nice folks will ever enable a more realistic Chinese campaign by coming up with battle locations and such like; but still, it would be nice. Especially when you consider that there isn't any other point to the game being playable in 1930; only the Chinese were fighting then, after all. Ah, well. Perhaps one of these versions or other.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI