Ability to create new races/ships? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3

Anxiety -> Ability to create new races/ships? (1/6/2003 11:27:47 PM)

Bought this gem in EBGames a week ago and cannot stop playing it! Didn't know it existed before until I saw it in the store. Very much enjoy everything about this game!

I noticed that the box stated as a feature the ability to create your own race / new starships. I don't see this option anywhere - is this a misprint?

-Anxiety

Erik Rutins -> Response... (1/7/2003 11:32:50 AM)

Those features refer to the fact that you can choose your race's name, appearance, advantages and ship style. In addition, you can design your own ships as far as what systems they have when built and you can upgrade and change those systems as you play.

Finally, the game will accept new starship graphics if you want to create a mod, though I would suggest reading further down in this forum for some suggestions as it's not a simple process. Modding some of the non-3D graphics is much easier, IIRC.

Regards,

- Erik

Anxiety -> (1/7/2003 10:16:54 PM)

Thanks, Erik, that clears it up quite nicely. Very, very happy with discovering this title at EBGames recently. Probably the most fun I have had on a $39 game purchase in years!

-Anx

Andrew Ewanchyna -> (1/7/2003 11:57:56 PM)

Look in the Data subfolder of the game and you'll find a zip file. In the file is all you need to begin modding. See the readme.txt file there.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI