Troop Transport (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

rolandthemad -> Troop Transport (5/27/2013 10:06:25 AM)

I can't seem to get my troops loaded onto the transport. Is there a special way to do this that I am unaware of?

I keep clicking on my homeworld -> load troops.. and it just sits there :-/

TrooperCooper -> RE: Troop Transport (5/27/2013 10:17:48 AM)

Are the troops on the ground maybe garrisioned (marked green)? Those cant be loaded and the transport would prolly not react at all then.

If so, un-garrision them if you want in the planets detail-window => troops.

Haree78 -> RE: Troop Transport (5/27/2013 11:49:17 AM)

Out of interest were the only troops you had free defence troops? I saw something similar but couldn't quite work out what was going on.

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Troop Transport (5/27/2013 5:32:22 PM)

Under Legends if you ordered a Fleet to load troops it would travel and try to find them. Under Shadows it seems that the Troops MUST be at the fleet site, not be defenders or garrisoned, and can then be picked up.

Personally I would love if the Private sector were to move Defender type troops to new worlds. Currently the priority that the AI placed on building troops is ridiculously low. Colonize a world, get it to a couple hundred Million population, and all it has is a General and 1 or 2 troopers??
I had to completely remove Troop recruitment from automation before I could begin to have the troops to start defending worlds, much less attack them. Got sick and tired of seeing others land 190K attackers to my 30K defenders.

rolandthemad -> RE: Troop Transport (5/27/2013 7:34:40 PM)

Yeah I set a policy to have 2 troopers minimum on each world but the AI doesn't seem to be following it. Guess I will need to manually recruit!

Someone else suggested degarrisoning troops to load them.. i'll try that out thanks guys

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

Under Legends if you ordered a Fleet to load troops it would travel and try to find them. Under Shadows it seems that the Troops MUST be at the fleet site, not be defenders or garrisoned, and can then be picked up.

Personally I would love if the Private sector were to move Defender type troops to new worlds. Currently the priority that the AI placed on building troops is ridiculously low. Colonize a world, get it to a couple hundred Million population, and all it has is a General and 1 or 2 troopers??
I had to completely remove Troop recruitment from automation before I could begin to have the troops to start defending worlds, much less attack them. Got sick and tired of seeing others land 190K attackers to my 30K defenders.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI