Hi to all (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

o2o2243_slith -> Hi to all (5/29/2013 10:49:05 AM)

I'm a new player, i just want to say hello to the community.
I bought this game by coincidence (just wanted to try something new after playing more than 10 years close combat) and i really like this stuff!
Only not very easy to learn all the rules etc...
What would you guys say is the best way to learn to play this game?

terje439 -> RE: Hi to all (5/29/2013 10:58:41 AM)

Welcome [:)]
1. Congratulations on a good purchase, and the choice to register on one of the best forums across the web.
2. I would first decide which side I wanted to play first, then read some AARs on how ppl play that side (this one shows two good players having a go at eachother, AAR from USSR pow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3312376&mpage=3).
Then when you think you have grasped some of what they do, try one of the shorter scenarios, lose that one and try again [:D]
Then ask questions here on the forum, as most of the matrixgames forum members are a rather friendly and helpful lot.

Terje

Blubel -> RE: Hi to all (5/29/2013 12:36:24 PM)

Welcome!

I think reading and playing this is the best way to start: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2649216

o2o2243_slith -> RE: Hi to all (5/29/2013 3:25:32 PM)

ok thx guys
I'll give it a try!
[:'(]

chuckbbq -> RE: Hi to all (5/30/2013 3:42:01 PM)

Welcome! I'm a long time vet of CC as well, war in the east will not disappoint. The way I learned was by trial and error. Playing through a scenario or practice is the best way. Frequent the forums, ask questions, and dig for answers in past posts. Lots of helpful information on here. I've been playing for 8 months or so and am in mid '43 with a human opponent and there's still stuff I'm picking up.

swkuh -> RE: Hi to all (5/31/2013 3:46:18 PM)

Always helps to read the instructions, especially the current "readme" notes.

Good advice given, though, about these forums. Look for the "1st turns" posts, especially.

Smakk1370 -> RE: Hi to all (6/3/2013 2:47:09 AM)

hi

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI