Tankhead SPWaW Resources New Scenario! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns

Tankhead -> Tankhead SPWaW Resources New Scenario! (1/7/2003 6:18:54 AM)

Hello Everyone!

Many thanks to M4 for sending me this scenario.

New H2H only, 60 turn monster KURSK scenario from Jess "M4" Housley. The battle of Kursk was monumental for numerous reasons but will almost always be remembered for being the largest clash of armor, certainly during W.W.II and would not be rivaled until the Arab-Israeli wars of the 1960's and 1970's. The vast area around the city of Kursk presented itself as a target with a salient being formed in the Russian line of defense. Hitler needed a victory that would regain the initiative in the east and declared that Operation Zitadelle as it was known" would shine like a beacon to the world" and would avenge the crushing defeat at Stalingrad earlier in the year, but even he had misgivings about the whole affair. The brilliant armor strategist Heinz Guderian once asked Hitler "Was it really necessary to attack Kursk and indeed in the East that year at all. Do you think anyone even knows where Kursk is?" To which Hitler agreed with him saying, "I know. The thought of it turns my stomach."

Enjoy!

Major_Johnson -> reinforcements in the Kursk scenario?? (7/19/2003 12:55:06 AM)

I've been playing my brother in this scenario. Via email. Him being the Germans and me the Ruskies. :) Anyway I have a few questions, first of which is how in the hell can the Soviets win in this one?? When I'm watching the vidoe replay of his turn my T-34's never return fire to any of of his tanks!! They just sit there and get picked off! And it doesn't matter how close or how far. They will shoot at anything else that moves, but (almost) never a tank of any kind. So we're like in turn 10-11 and I have 3 T-34's and 2 Lee's!! And my infantry is basically worthless. My most valuable/accurate pieces have been the 120mm mortars! And right now they are getting picked apart by his Tigers and Pionier Grips. (One side note the 30 cal sound of the Pionier Grip sounds like a cannon)

And my 2nd question is are there any reinforcements for the Soviets in this battle?? I notice that there are 3 reinforcement hexes and I haven't had any show up in the game yet.

I've been playing Steel Panthers when it was just Steel Panthers by SSI!! And I'm a decent player at this game and I normally kick my brother's ***! :) As it should be, but I'm just really frustrated when I watch the playback and see him moving all over the battle field at will with impunity.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Major_Johnson -> (7/19/2003 12:58:42 AM)

Oh, and one more thing. In this scenario when I try to bail out the crews from pillboxes etc, they disappear off the battle field. Is that a new feature??

Resisti -> (7/19/2003 3:59:25 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Major_Johnson
[B]Oh, and one more thing. In this scenario when I try to bail out the crews from pillboxes etc, they disappear off the battle field. Is that a new feature?? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think this is Jess' "indirect" fault :)
IIRC, this is an issue which pops in from time to time with "monster scenarios", where the number of units is very big.
When bailing out crews, and creating additional units therefore, there is no more room for them in the units roster, and they simply..disappear.

This should be the explanation..more or less :)

chief -> Couple of questions (7/19/2003 7:29:07 AM)

Mjr: Do you have the latest H2H Mod (fr) installed in SPwaw ?

Have you got CC Off or On ?

Check preferences to see about Op fire conditions.

Dump your "steel prf" from saved game prior to starting turn, this sometimes gets screwed up. HTH:) :cool:

Major_Johnson -> (8/8/2003 1:26:14 AM)

whoops, I may have posted this in the wrong thread. I'm playing this scenario via PBEM. But no, I don't have H2H mod installed.

chief -> (8/8/2003 1:39:04 AM)

Major: My first comment (not being sarcastic) is, if your playing a H2H version of a scenario it would behove you to play with the H2H fr mod OOBs installed. I'm sure that will clear up many problems. SPWAW 7.1 and H2Hfr do have DIFFERENT OOBs. Be sure your bro changes his OOB's also.

Good Hunting, hope this solves your problems.:D :)

Major_Johnson -> (8/8/2003 1:59:50 AM)

UH!! This scenario has long since been over, and I had a feeling that we had been playing a scenario that wasn't designed for or current version/configuration of SPWAW. Neither of us have the H2H mod installed. And I thought the OOB's were a little whacky, as well as the game play. I actually posted this in a different thread, but the scenario only lasted 15 turns. My T-34's were picked off by the Tigers like it was a shooting gallery. They never once returned fire when a tank fired at them.

And my brother thought it was a fair scenario. But then he always loses!!

Thanks for the info!

mlomax -> Please Correct me If I'm wrong. (8/8/2003 10:28:03 AM)

Is it me or is Tankheads website down.:(

chief -> (8/8/2003 11:53:40 AM)

mlomax: Its not you, Tankheads site IS doooowwwnnnn.

You know it's pretty hard to mine gold and keep a site going up there in the Yukon. Why they use Moose to generate the hydro. I won't go into detail how either. Really his problem is cranking the generator and typing with one hand.;) :D :cool:

mlomax -> New source of power. (8/8/2003 12:05:52 PM)

Maybe he should invest in a solar panel and run it up the side of a hill on the back of his pet moose. LOL:)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI