Mysterious money lost (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Plant -> Mysterious money lost (5/31/2013 7:23:53 PM)

I as playing as the Human Corporate Nationalism and noticed that despite I was mysteriously losing between 10-20K in money every year for about 10 years for no apparent reason.

So to test out what was happening, I left the game running without doing anything and compared money for each year. For a Cashflow of +30k, I would only gain about 10k-20k in a year, and this occured consistently for a year. Taxes were at 100% with varying compliance. After a while, completely puzzled by this consistent money lost every year, for each successive year, I cancelled all pirate protection, I deleted all bases, then changed tax rate, then changed government, then unticked trade with other empires in the empire policy. My corruption was 0%, pirates rarely if ever, entered my system and with trade off, no ships ever entered my system except for passenger ships from another empire. Everything relevent to spending money is on manual. For each of these, I still lost 10-20k every year.

With no transactions sheet, I have no idea why I am losing such large amounts,and that there is unrecorded money lost, or whether this is some form of a bug.

One curious thing I have noticed is that despite a negative Private economy cashflow, my Private sector gained cash on hand, even though the cash gained is far less than my money lost every year.
One example of this is :
http://imageshack.us/a/img22/96/20130530201424.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img823/9509/20130530201848.jpg

Jim D Burns -> RE: Mysterious money lost (5/31/2013 8:22:41 PM)

You have +15% corruption in that government type, so even if it says 0% on your planet you should still get the penalty to your empire overall. I have no idea why it isn't displayed somewhere other than in the government mods area but I think it's like maintenance, you don't see the penalties or bonuses anywhere else either.

Also I'm not sure if the corruption hits your cash on hand, income or both, so it could be a case the more you save up the more you lose to corruption.

Jim

Plant -> RE: Mysterious money lost (6/1/2013 7:06:15 PM)

I don't think that 15% corruption matters since the sole planet has 0% corruption. I think coruption directly affects the tax revenue shown, and even if it was an invisible amount lost, it shouldn't be in the region of 10k-20k lost.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI