stealing super weapons technology possible? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

TrooperCooper -> stealing super weapons technology possible? (6/2/2013 12:33:42 PM)

In Legends I remember trying to steal super beam weapons technology from those lucky AI who happened to find it in the beginning stage of the game. However, I never actually got it. My intelligence agents kept reporting successes on their espionage missions. But even after dozens of successes I was never able to build the component. Of course I can not see the " research progress" anywhere, since its not a researchable technology.

So I'm wondering, is it possible to steal these techs at all? Did anyone ever manage to actually receive it through espionage? Are they just that complicated that it takes an insane ammount of espionage missions? Or is it simply impossible to steal em?

Thx in advance (you may safe the live of dozens of my agents [:D] ).

yomez -> RE: stealing super weapons technology possible? (6/2/2013 1:38:35 PM)

You can steal them, but you will need lot succes mission, and really good spy +50 % espionnage, this is lvl 8 tech
Or you can research them in shadow :) if you finish all research in weapon tech tree, you will research them without asking

TrooperCooper -> RE: stealing super weapons technology possible? (6/2/2013 4:54:36 PM)

Good info. I didnt know one researches those after the normal techs. Thanks for that! ;-)

FerretStyle -> RE: stealing super weapons technology possible? (6/3/2013 7:29:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yomez

You can steal them, but you will need lot succes mission, and really good spy +50 % espionnage, this is lvl 8 tech
Or you can research them in shadow :) if you finish all research in weapon tech tree, you will research them without asking

Espionage level isn't so important, it's not any harder to steal than any other tech. It matters more who you're stealing it from.

You aren't kidding that it will take a lot of missions, though. I gave up trying after at least 10 successes... especially since there is no progress bar to even indicate that it's working.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI