unloading troops impossible? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

TrooperCooper -> unloading troops impossible? (6/6/2013 4:44:04 PM)

When you have a starport that is bigger than the planet itself, how can you unload troops from a fleet to the planet?

Control + rightclick points to the starport.

Before Shadows the problem was there already as well, but a workaround existed: placing the starport next to the planet, not on top of it. Since Shadows that has become impossible. [&:] Now I can't reinforce troops who are defending against and invasion without taking down the starport or what? [8|]

TrooperCooper -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/6/2013 11:28:46 PM)

Anyone got a workarround? Or am I the only one who builds big starports? [&:]

FerretStyle -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/7/2013 1:43:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TrooperCooper

Anyone got a workarround? Or am I the only one who builds big starports? [&:]

At small planets? Probably. Protecting a few dudes just aint worth the money.

But have you tried disabling the display of bases and doing it from a zoomed out view? I forget where that option is but it should work...

Bingeling -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/7/2013 9:48:48 AM)

You should be able to unload them if you zoom out, at least as long as there are no other colonies in the system.

And are you sure you can't build spaceports exactly where you want them? By ctrl-right clicking to build?

Mansen -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/7/2013 10:06:13 AM)

Yeah the overlapping objects with planets is horrible - really needs some re-thinking.

TrooperCooper -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/7/2013 6:07:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

You should be able to unload them if you zoom out, at least as long as there are no other colonies in the system.

And are you sure you can't build spaceports exactly where you want them? By ctrl-right clicking to build?

Zooming out doesnt help at all since the starport covers the whole planet seen from further out just as well as zoomed in.

And nope, you cant build them next to planets anymore. Only starbases and stuff like that can be "off planet", the ports are always on the planets since shadows.

Bingeling -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/7/2013 6:47:41 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Zooming out doesnt help at all since the starport covers the whole planet seen from further out just as well as zoomed in.

And nope, you cant build them next to planets anymore. Only starbases and stuff like that can be "off planet", the ports are always on the planets since shadows.

I see the centering prevents the more relaxed spaceport positioning. It is possible to have it built a bid towards the side, though, which may leave a small part of the planet accessible.

As for unloading, zoom out as far as you can, and unload from there, aiming at the system. This does only work for one of the colonies in the system, though.

Chris21wen -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/7/2013 9:03:41 PM)

quote:

When you have a starport that is bigger than the planet itself, how can you unload troops from a fleet to the planet?

Control + rightclick points to the starport.

Before Shadows the problem was there already as well, but a workaround existed: placing the starport next to the planet, not on top of it. Since Shadows that has become impossible. [&:] Now I can't reinforce troops who are defending against and invasion without taking down the starport or what? [8|]

You have to unload the ships individually, why this should be I do not know.

Jim D Burns -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/8/2013 1:40:47 AM)

If you right click out in space when ordering a star port to be built, it will still place it over the planet, but slightly off-center. It's still a problem with really small planets, but it does help keep some of the planet exposed for most planets.

To fix this issue the "zone" used for star port placement needs to be moved to a small ring near the edge of a planet and taken away from over the middle of a planet.

Jim

TrooperCooper -> RE: unloading troops impossible? (6/8/2013 3:47:18 AM)

I'm affraid you guys have no idea how big my starports usually are. [:D]

Anyway, zooming out doesnt help. All I get is "load troops at X", but not "unload"...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI