Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support

bigfootsf -> Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/8/2013 8:44:56 PM)

Hi, just picked this game up in the weekly sale and I'm getting this message whenever I start up a scenario. I have no idea what is triggering it. Any help?

IronManBeta -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/9/2013 9:57:31 PM)

Hi. Could you perhaps provide a little more detail about the error? Then we can try and troubleshoot it. For a start, which version of Windows are you running?

Thanks, Rob

Ascension -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/10/2013 4:56:54 PM)

Same problem. Running W8 64x

Error message occurs when starting a new scenario. Tested also on my Laptop, also running W8 64x - instead of the error message the scenario descriptions are shown. So the "Invalid data type for 'Pattern'" error occurs when starting a new scenario and the scenario details should be shown.

Hope this helps, I would love to be able to see scenario descriptions on my gaming rig also :)

CapnDarwin -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/10/2013 5:56:35 PM)

Bigfootsf, are you also on a win8 operating system?

Ascension -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/10/2013 6:12:08 PM)

Just double-checked: if I start a scenario and go to View -> Mission Briefing, the error also occurs. Hope this helps and thank you very much for your efforts, love small but dedicated software developers [:)]

CapnDarwin -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/10/2013 9:10:13 PM)

Inquisition, have you tried running the game in any compatibility mode? My guess is a HTML conflict with Windows 8 and html 5 versus the older format in the game. I'll see if we can get a look at it tonight.

Ascension -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/10/2013 10:45:14 PM)

Yes, just tried in XP, Vista, and 7 mode. Have been unlucky, though :(

CapnDarwin -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/11/2013 12:28:56 AM)

Thanks for testing!

I'll chat with Rob and see if we can figure this out.

Ascension -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/11/2013 12:34:20 AM)

Holy crap... bigfoot, just update the game. I didn't know that the installer wasn't the most actual game version. Just installed 1.13 and everything works fine. Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time...

edit: yet the fact alone that you are as helpful as you are shows that the game was money well spent (and to the right persons).

Sorry again

CapnDarwin -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/11/2013 12:55:21 AM)

Damn, that would have been a good question to ask you guys. Yes 1.13 is the latest FPG update and has a number of updates and fixes. Should be even more fun to play now.

bigfootsf -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/15/2013 1:16:56 AM)

Sorry, had a house guest for a few days. Yeah, Windows 7 and assumed the installer would be the latest version. I'll update and check it out. Thanks.

bigfootsf -> RE: Invalid data type for 'Pattern' (6/16/2013 8:07:10 PM)

Ah yes, ran the updater and it does look much better now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI