Upgrading Graphics (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Star56 -> Upgrading Graphics (6/16/2013 8:48:04 AM)

Folks,

Have recently returned to TOAW and reinstalled the game.

The last time I installed I had downloaded some upgraded graphics files that enhanced the terrain and various details (railroads was one thing I remember).

Anyone know where I might find these?

I did download the "Classic Redux" enhancements but I am unsure where to unizip these files (altgraphics?)

Thanks for any guidance in either installing the redux files or finding other ones that enhance the graphics.

Tom

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Upgrading Graphics (6/16/2013 8:51:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Star56

Folks,

Have recently returned to TOAW and reinstalled the game.

The last time I installed I had downloaded some upgraded graphics files that enhanced the terrain and various details (railroads was one thing I remember).

Anyone know where I might find these?

I did download the "Classic Redux" enhancements but I am unsure where to unizip these files (altgraphics?)

Thanks for any guidance in either installing the redux files or finding other ones that enhance the graphics.

Tom

Kamerad!

Answers and more mods can be found here:

http://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/telu-3-4-graphic-mod-i/

Klink, Oberst

Telumar -> RE: Upgrading Graphics (6/16/2013 9:23:39 AM)

AltGraphics.

Make sure that you have the according small and huge view terrain in /AltGraphics, too. Otherwise the game engine will scale the normal file from /AltGraphics instead of using the according file in /Graphics. This will give not the best results.

E.g. if you use a modified version of railroads make sure you have "tiles_railroad.png" (normal view) plus "s_tiles_railroad.png" and "H_tiles_railroad.png" in your /AltGraphics folder. If you "install" a mod where these files (s_tiles & H_tiles) are missing you can copy the original ones from /Graphics to /AltGraphics.

Star56 -> RE: Upgrading Graphics (6/16/2013 10:00:00 PM)

Thanks Guys! I will give them a shot.

Tom

Star56 -> RE: Upgrading Graphics (6/16/2013 10:05:54 PM)

One more thing, after unzipping the two files into /Altgraphics that is it correct? The new tiles should show up in the game.

If I decide to try another graphics set do I just unzip them into in altgraphics too?

Telumar -> RE: Upgrading Graphics (6/17/2013 5:15:16 PM)

quote:

One more thing, after unzipping the two files into /Altgraphics that is it correct? The new tiles should show up in the game.

Yes, correct.

quote:

If I decide to try another graphics set do I just unzip them into in altgraphics too?

Yes, it will override the previous files.

Note that you can test different mods and combinations of mods by creating a scenario subfolder in AltGraphics, i.e. "Cherbourg 44". The files in this folder will only be applied to that scenario. Graphic files that are missing in this subfolder will be replaced with those from /AltGraphics and if they are missing there too, with those from /Graphics.

KULLl -> RE: Upgrading Graphics (10/31/2013 10:55:49 PM)

Hi all,
could anyone identificate the woods and the railroads in the following pics?

cs418324.vk.me /v418324788 /3e07 /cP6vPePQF3s.jpg

and

cs418324.vk.me /v418324788 /3cd9 /2Snzb8TDWVk.jpg

I've found almost all I wanted except of these. Rivers, urbans... but I still haven't got r\roads and woods... And the color of the hex "basements"... look at one of these two pics... and here:

cs7010.vk.me /c424518 /v424518788 /3bad /f4334KHeo4Y.jpg

the last pic has darker hex color then the older pictures (made 'em in the beginning of 2012). Where can I find those woods, those railroads and these a-bit-lighter hexes?

PS ahhh! And those borders, black-and-orange borders! I'm looking for 'em too

Ho, ho. I feel like those woods are Damezzi's. Continuing investigation...
Ho-ho. It's definitely Damezzi's. Me fool. Ho-ho. But I hadn't seen these hexes after updated to 3.4

PRUSSIAN TOM -> "Classic Redux 2" (11/3/2013 1:06:04 AM)

TY for the heads up (this covers Herr Oberst Klink's advice in the "Scenario Design" sub-forum). [:)] I just put in the latest "Classic Redux" graphics, carefull following said advice. [:'(] It looks great. [8D] TY for all the help.[&o][&o][&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI