Compressed Fuel Storage and AI research (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Fenrisfil -> Compressed Fuel Storage and AI research (6/18/2013 1:10:58 AM)

The AI seems determined to ignore this unique tech. First of all the AI ignores this in it's builds. Fine, I just created a set of custom designs to force it to use it. This works at normal tech starts where it is already researched but the second problem is when I start at pre-warp the AI completely ignores researching it (going for the less useful Advanced Fuel Storage tech instead).

Sure if I'm playing as that race I can guide the research but my concern is that the AI will never bother researching it and so mess up game balance when the AI is using such a race.

Now, I haven't tested this with other unique race technology yet, but it stands to reason that some of those may be affected too.

On a side note, the AI also seems determined not to research targeting technology but is obsessed with scanning tech (especially reaching stealth as quickly as possible). This is with races that I've set to favour targeting both in the race and policy files and have not set to favour sensors.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI