Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection coming soon! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series

Philkian -> Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection coming soon! (6/21/2013 4:32:12 PM)

Matrix Games and NorbSoftDev (www.norbsoftdev.net) are proud to announce the upcoming release of the Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection, the definitive collection of American Civil War grand tactical wargames of this generation:Scourge of War.

This special Anniversary Collection allows all American Civil War enthusiastic to experience the entire series of these great games in one epic package.

Take the places of some of the premier generals that shaped America. See if your strategy can give Lee the victory that was pulled from his grasp. Command troops from the Bloody Lane at Antietam to the chaos of Chancellorsville, from the thunderous cavalry action at Brandy Station to the alternate history battles at Pipe Creek--culminating in the epic three days of battle at Gettysburg that changed the nation. Relive the past that was, or change history to what might have been.

“After years of development and releases, the Scourge of War series has been acknowledged by the wargaming community as a classic” says Norb Timpko President of NorbSoftDev, “We wanted to create the best tribute to commemorate this date. This collection is packed with a huge amount of content so that Scourge of War: Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection is truly the best way to relive the great events of the Civil War”.

Get more information on the Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection from its official product page.

elmo3 -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/21/2013 7:55:18 PM)

How much and when? [:'(]

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/22/2013 11:15:51 AM)

Not sure I fully understood what this is about. Is there any new content or are there new features included? I already own all the existing SoW modules...

RebBugler -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/22/2013 6:51:45 PM)

Brandy Station is included, or it can be purchased alone as an add on to your present collection. Other extras are included, but I think the best bonus is the Louisiana Tigers sprite set, all packed up and compatible to the latest patch...

Grim.Reaper -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/23/2013 12:07:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RebBugler

Brandy Station is included, or it can be purchased alone as an add on to your present collection. Other extras are included, but I think the best bonus is the Louisiana Tigers sprite set, all packed up and compatible to the latest patch...

Will there be any way for existing owners to purchase and/or receive the extra content without having to re-buy everything? It would kind of stink if loyal customers who already made the investment in all the games have no way to get the extra content.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/24/2013 7:47:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: RebBugler

Will there be any way for existing owners to purchase and/or receive the extra content without having to re-buy everything? It would kind of stink if loyal customers who already made the investment in all the games have no way to get the extra content.

+1

IainMcNeil -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/24/2013 9:46:17 AM)

I'm not sure what you mean - Brandy Station is a new expansion that will be available separately or in a pack with everything else that has already released. The Collection is for new players, there isn't really a good reason to buy it if you already have it. Much better just to buy Brandy Station on its own.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/24/2013 9:22:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

I'm not sure what you mean - Brandy Station is a new expansion that will be available separately or in a pack with everything else that has already released. The Collection is for new players, there isn't really a good reason to buy it if you already have it. Much better just to buy Brandy Station on its own.

Iain,

The original post doesn't include a single word of what you just explained so thanks for clarifying - everyone will tell you I'm as thick as two planks.

Grim.Reaper -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/26/2013 2:36:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

This is mentioned be RebBugler when asked about extra content...

"Other extras are included, but I think the best bonus is the Louisiana Tigers sprite set, all packed up and compatible to the latest patch... "

So are you saying these extras are included in the Brandy Station expansion, not exclusive to the 150th edition? If so, then that is great. But it kind of read to me that it was available as part of the 150th edition so just wanted to confirm.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/26/2013 2:47:46 PM)

Sorry if it wasn't clear!

The Collection is aimed at people without any of the games already. Brandy station is an add-on just released which is also in the collection. The collection doesn't contain anything you would not get by buying the pieces individually and patching up to the latest version - we're not trying to sell you the same game twice. That would be nasty! :)

IainMcNeil -> RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! (6/26/2013 2:48:00 PM)

PS - its out now!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI