Theme Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

HercMighty -> Theme Question (6/21/2013 10:55:27 PM)

Do you need to set the theme each time you start a new game? Or is once a theme set it is always loaded?

historyis -> RE: Theme Question (6/22/2013 12:24:25 AM)

I've noticed it seems to stay in the same theme that I've loaded up (in this case, the Extended mod).

criticom41 -> RE: Theme Question (6/22/2013 12:25:15 AM)

The theme is set once you have loaded it, to change back just go to change theme again and load distant worlds original or whatever mod you were using before hand.

criticom41 -> RE: Theme Question (6/22/2013 12:27:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: historyis

I've noticed it seems to stay in the same theme that I've loaded up (in this case, the Extended mod).

Have you put the great war mod inside your customization folder? make sure it's in and you select it should change if not post me again and will look further into it.

Tampa_Gamer -> RE: Theme Question (6/22/2013 5:48:07 AM)

Just beware, that sometimes the patches reset your themes to default. If a particular save game was utilizing graphics, etc. in a theme then you will need to make sure to activate that theme before loading the game.

Shark7 -> RE: Theme Question (6/22/2013 6:03:02 AM)

Another thing you might run into, since I did just the other night:

Any syntax errors in your text files will lead to a situation where the game will get stuck in the galaxy generation phase and will not advance. In my case it was a simple matter of having left out a single comma in one of the character files in a theme.

Always be sure to add a bit, then test it to make sure it loads, so much easier to track down an error in one file as opposed to 30 etc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI