Components by resources (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

feelotraveller -> Components by resources (6/22/2013 10:53:54 AM)

Components are made up of strategic resources. You knew that already, didn't you? [8D] But if you are like me then you will probably have trouble remembering how many and what resources go into a given component. Well here is the list for you.

For Distant Worlds Universe 1.9.5.5 there are only a few minor changes, but I guess it depends what you call minor. [sm=innocent0009.gif]

Open Office 4.1
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14105530/components%20and%20resources%20universe.ods

Excel
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14105530/components%20and%20resources%20universe.xls

Using the sort function on the columns can let you find out about a particular resource. Density is number of components divided by size. Maybe you can find a use for this, I certainly do.

If you find any errors let me know and I will update it.

[Old links for Shadows 1.9.0.7
components_and_resources.ods Friendly open office format.
component_and_resources.xls Proprietary junk format.]

loki100 -> RE: Components by resources (6/22/2013 11:51:31 AM)

thank you

I think as I'm still getting used to this game I do find myself constantly cycling between screens to try and remember what needs what

kasper747 -> RE: Components by resources (6/22/2013 1:40:21 PM)

Cool i was just looking for it :) Thank you for shearing.
I am working currently to make some ship designs tamps (SDT) and can really use this info. Have you written this down yourself or were you able to extract this info somehow?

If it is possible, would be great to have the energy consummation also :)

kasper747 -> RE: Components by resources (6/22/2013 5:57:51 PM)

I extended your data with energy consumption pro each tech stage. For weapons I added also damage and fire rate. However I can not upload the file - some problems with my firewall.

Can you also tell us, what for you need this data :=)

Osito -> RE: Components by resources (6/22/2013 8:25:13 PM)

Thank you!

Just out of interest, what do you use the "density" column for? I understand how it's calculated, but I don't understand what you use it for.

feelotraveller -> RE: Components by resources (6/22/2013 11:20:13 PM)

@ kasper747, you are welcome. I decided to keep it simple. You could also add weapons damage, fire rate and a buuch of other stuff. I wrote it down myself when too tired to play the game - so there may be some mistakes, but I tried to be careful.

I use density for loading up my contructors (early game with base size limits). I also use it for giving a quick estimation of costs (assuming resources are equally priced), e.g. filling the same amount of space with titan beams is going to be more than six times as expensive as with one advanced fighter bay. You could check this manually but it allows me to gauge which components I want to try to minimise the use of in my custom designs if I want to keep costs down.

feelotraveller -> RE: Components by resources (7/17/2014 5:53:05 PM)

Updated for Universe.

Pretty much the same, only about half a dozen small changes all up.

Fishers of Men -> RE: Components by resources (7/17/2014 7:52:08 PM)

Nice work!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI