Is the expansion planer broken (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Chris21wen -> Is the expansion planer broken (6/26/2013 5:32:05 PM)

When I select 'Your Empire Resource Location' I cannot see any construction ships to send even though there are two free.

Mad Igor -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/26/2013 6:26:26 PM)

they should have NO mission.
there are 2 tabs.
one for your RESOURCES that you already own,and those that AT your location and not mined.
you can't build on something,that is already occupied.
if that's not the case,then is your local problem.

Chris21wen -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/26/2013 9:17:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Igor

there are 2 tabs.
one for your RESOURCES that you already own,and those that AT your location and not mined.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

When you select 'Your Empire Resource Locations' there are no 'Available Construction/Colony ship' to select.

As I said when I posted I had two construction ships doing nothing. I used the planer to find resources that I needed but there was nothing showing under 'Resource Targets for my Empire' nor for the Galaxy. I tried the 'Your Empire Resource Locations' hoping I could use that but then I could not see the construction ships.

necaradan666 -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/26/2013 9:53:57 PM)

'Your Empire Resource Locations' are all the locations in which you already have colonies or mining stations.

I think the Expansion Planner could do with a once over either way, the filter columns don't work too well, the priority button barely works at all, the 'Resource Locations by you Empire Priority' section is totally unintuitive.

Chris21wen -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/27/2013 12:06:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: necaradan666

'Your Empire Resource Locations' are all the locations in which you already have colonies or mining stations.

I think the Expansion Planner could do with a once over either way, the filter columns don't work too well, the priority button barely works at all, the 'Resource Locations by you Empire Priority' section is totally unintuitive.

I agree

Jeeves -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/27/2013 12:49:57 AM)

You'll never see a list of constructors under "your empire resource locations" since the wok is already done. I have NEVER seen an empty list for resource targets by galaxy priority. You must be far far into the game if everything has been mined or nothing is needed anywhere in the galaxy. Screenshot of expansion planner showing the problem would be helpful.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

necaradan666 -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/27/2013 3:20:02 AM)

I think it's possible to have an empty galaxy resource list when you've mined everything close by but haven't discovered anything further away.

Chris21wen -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/27/2013 8:05:19 AM)

I'm not that far into the game that all resources are mined, less than half are known. All I wanted to do was send two unused contructors somewhere to mine something, specifically resources that I only currently have one source of. The Colony list had something in it as did the 'your empire resource locations' the other two had nothing. After I colonised another system I suddenly started to get some resources appearing in the other lists again. Now if this is a planer then you should be able to see all known resources to your empire, mined or otherwise and this is what I thought 'your empire resource locations' is, at least it sounds as if it is from the name. I have been using the galaxy map but that is combersome to use in that it does not tell you if a resource is mined and neither can you send a construction ship dierectly too it but that is minor, not knowing it's mined is a pain.

Unfortunatly I do not have a save and at present cannot recreate the problem for the reason given above.

Darkspire -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/27/2013 8:29:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Igor

there are 2 tabs.

There are no tabs when you select 'Your Empire Resource Location'. This list shows the resources that you have mined in your empire, that is why they are all green, they are in your systems, it really is just a visual index, non interactive.

quote:

'Resource Locations by your Empire Priority' only shows resources that your empire is short of, most of the time it will not show anything, pretty useless really.

quote:

I think it's possible to have an empty galaxy resource list when you've mined everything close by but haven't discovered anything further away.

The galaxy resource list is never empty, well not in any of the games in the last two plus years I have played DW. Use this list when you want to plan resource mining with your constructors.

I have been asking for many moons to get a new filter put in, 'Your Empire Unmined Resources', a filter that would only show resources in your own systems that have not been mined, along with another checkbox for planets as well as asteroids, as it stands in mid game it is more hard work then it needs to be to plan resource mines, this part of DW is central to the game, even more so in Shadows and is next to useless after 50 years game time, click to queue a constructor, wait for 10-20 seconds for the icon to show it is queued, scroll through resources not in your systems, click to queue a constructor, wait for 10-20 seconds for the icon to show it is queued, rinse and repeat. Putting my suggested filter and extra checkbox in would cut the amount of data being shown and thus would speed the whole process up. As the resources are central to the game it has always surprised me that this has never had any real improvments.

Darkspire

elanaagain -> RE: Is the expansion planer broken (6/27/2013 4:51:22 PM)

In a related vein, i would love to see the moons in a system grouped with the planets of the same system, for planning, fleet coverage (protection, etc.).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI