A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

grumpybubbleman -> A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (6/27/2013 4:05:49 AM)

There is a space station in orbit of an enemy planet, but I need to select the planet to view the troops stationed there. The space station is completely covering the selectable planet area. How can I fix this?

Canute0 -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (6/27/2013 6:41:54 AM)

Zoom out, select the Solar system, then you can select colonized planets.

Osito -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (6/27/2013 9:51:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute

Zoom out, select the Solar system, then you can select colonized planets.

Is there any other way to select the planet in the top right screen when in the game editor? Sometimes in these circumstances I've found the only thing to do is to delete the base. Haven't found another way to do that selection.

pycco -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (6/27/2013 10:08:00 AM)

i have taken to building the stations with care, on the outer rim of the planets. where your mouse is over is where the stations are built.

MarQan -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (6/27/2013 7:59:25 PM)

Yes, I have had this many times, due to my centralization of research labs. Very annoying.
The drop-down selection should include plenetary objects.
Furthermore if a mining ship is working on an asteroid, I can't order a build there until it finishes. It's very annoying, especially PreWarp.

necaradan666 -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (6/28/2013 2:37:51 AM)

You can grab most planets in the expansion planner or the empire navigation tool.

grumpybubbleman -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (6/28/2013 4:14:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarQan

Yes, I have had this many times, due to my centralization of research labs. Very annoying.
Furthermore if a mining ship is working on an asteroid, I can't order a build there until it finishes. It's very annoying, especially PreWarp.

How do I access the drop-down selection?

Starke -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (7/1/2013 6:56:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: grumpybubbleman

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarQan

How do I access the drop-down selection?

Simply left-click on the overlapped objects (ex. the planet and spaceport). It'll give you a dropdown menu to choose from.

EDIT: I just checked and planets do not appear on the drop-down menu. For this you'll have to select the planet by first selecting the system, then the planet you want from the bottom left menu, or go to the expansion planner, sort by a resource on the planet you want, list in alphabetic order, and find it that way. =/ Annoying.

Personally though, I've never seen a spaceport, even a LSP with a horde of military ships and freighters, large enough to completely block a planet. 0.o

Flinkebeinchen -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (7/2/2013 1:15:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starke

Personally though, I've never seen a spaceport, even a LSP with a horde of military ships and freighters, large enough to completely block a planet. 0.o

I have that in every single game I play but that's not a real problem. I just select the Planet from the Colonylist usually.

Ataushu -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (2/10/2014 2:59:38 PM)

I understand how to select the planet to look at it, but my problem is this.
I want to invade the planet, but with my invasion fleet selected, I cant tell
them to invade the planet. With the base being bigger than the planet, all I can
attack is the base, not the colony beneath. Any tips?

Bingeling -> RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? (2/10/2014 4:46:52 PM)

Zoom far out so that you only see systems, not individual planets. Right click (or is it ctrl-Right click?) and select attack.... choose from the list of targets.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI