1.9.0.7 Bug (fighters won't return) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Vedric -> 1.9.0.7 Bug (fighters won't return) (6/28/2013 10:15:27 PM)

I've been playing around with fighters a lot lately and found several issues with them. If you haven't seen it I started a thread here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3354451 The solution to fighter functionality within would likely solve the bug below.

The Bug is with my star ports. They keep getting stuck in launch all fighters mode. The "manage fighters and bombers" UI will not override this. As soon as they land they relaunch themselves. When a new tech is researched they do not auto-return to upgrade as they should. This means all affected fighters and bombers will never be upgraded.

Fishers of Men -> RE: 1.9.0.7 Bug (fighters won't return) (6/29/2013 4:35:09 PM)

That sounds strange. Would checking the "fighters automatically upgrade" box on the Options screen be a work around for you? I am not sure that fighters have to return to base each time to receive their upgrade.

Vedric -> RE: 1.9.0.7 Bug (fighters won't return) (6/30/2013 10:15:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

That sounds strange. Would checking the "fighters automatically upgrade" box on the Options screen be a work around for you? I am not sure that fighters have to return to base each time to receive their upgrade.

I already have that box checked. I mentioned when a new tech is researched they won't return. I think it happens when they launch themselves during an attack rather than the player pre-launching them. Or possibly the other way around. It happens in every game where I use fighters on my ports. It's not rare. I'm going to try to isolate it in the next day or two. It would likely all be solved if everything just used the carrier launch/return rules.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI