Noob Question - How do I get better? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

Dangun -> Noob Question - How do I get better? (7/21/2013 7:51:13 AM)

I am a noob.
I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and have played the tutorial and 8 or 9 of the on-the-road-to-XX scenarios.

I think I have figured out that I won't get any better playing the Soviets and watching the AI's strategies/tactics.
So I was wondering what's a good way of getting better? Should I just crank up the difficulty level; or are there particular clear (noob-oriented) AARs out there; or scour the rule book for optimizations that I am just not using yet?

I am guessing that I am still too nooby for a human opponent. My opponent might actually resent the time spent demonstrating how bad I was, unless the WitE community is peculiarly tolerant.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Peltonx -> RE: Noob Question - How do I get better? (7/21/2013 8:15:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dangun

I am a noob.
I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and have played the tutorial and 8 or 9 of the on-the-road-to-XX scenarios.

I think I have figured out that I won't get any better playing the Soviets and watching the AI's strategies/tactics.
So I was wondering what's a good way of getting better? Should I just crank up the difficulty level; or are there particular clear (noob-oriented) AARs out there; or scour the rule book for optimizations that I am just not using yet?

I am guessing that I am still too nooby for a human opponent. My opponent might actually resent the time spent demonstrating how bad I was, unless the WitE community is peculiarly tolerant.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Up the AI some, then read up on the AAR's.

Then play a game is Russian as that side is easyer then GHC.

I played vs AI and read AAR's for 2 months before playing my first human vs human 41-45 game.

The game is very complex more so then people think.

Unit morale is the most important stat by a long shot.

Saper2229 -> RE: Noob Question - How do I get better? (7/21/2013 11:49:11 AM)

Industry, supply and air forces more important
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dangun

I am a noob.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Up the AI some, then read up on the AAR's.

Then play a game is Russian as that side is easyer then GHC.

I played vs AI and read AAR's for 2 months before playing my first human vs human 41-45 game.

The game is very complex more so then people think.

Unit morale is the most important stat by a long shot.

Dangun -> RE: Noob Question - How do I get better? (7/22/2013 12:22:55 PM)

Thanks Sapper and Pelton.

If I could ask a follow-up question: when you that airforces are very important, do you mean the setting of air-doctrine with the air-doctrine screen is important or do you mean that micro-managing the individual missions is very important?

I found the manual quite unhelpful when it came to telling me how reliably the PC could be left to manage my air orders.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI