ASW groups or singles? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Phanatikk -> ASW groups or singles? (7/26/2013 10:50:40 PM)

JFB.
Is it more lethal and/or efficient to utilize ASW groups, or have individual ships operating on patrol?

-Jeff

Schanilec -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/26/2013 11:06:40 PM)

Why groups of course.[;)]

You are allowed four per task group.

Don't look for them to be super effective at the beginning of the war. They'll improve.

Good luck.[:)]

inqistor -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/27/2013 11:36:04 AM)

More important is number of ASW weapons on individual ships.

If you make group, and all vessels have only ONE depth charge launcher it will not be very effective. In most cases only 1-2 ships make attack.

Symon -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/27/2013 5:56:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec
quote:

ORIGINAL: Phanatik
JFB.
Is it more lethal and/or efficient to utilize ASW groups, or have individual ships operating on patrol?

-Jeff

Why groups of course.[;)]

You are allowed four per task group.

Don't look for them to be super effective at the beginning of the war. They'll improve.

Good luck.[:)]

Definitely groups. Each individual ship gets a die roll for a DL. The more ships, the better chance that at least one will get a good DL and make a run. It's a 'decreasing' chance, but 'modified' if the prior ship in the TF got a good DL. Single ships get 1 die roll, no modifiers, no nothing. Doesn't matter how many ASW launchers they got. Not goodnik. Sweet spot is 3; 2 is ok, but not quite as good in the probability world, 4 is also ok, but drops off a bit in the probability world.

JWE

Phanatikk -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/27/2013 6:12:57 PM)

Thanks guys.

Mac Linehan -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/27/2013 6:57:15 PM)

JWE -

Thank You for a succinct, clear response, I shall put this very useful information to work.

ASW Fanboy Mac

Victory is mine -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/27/2013 7:27:19 PM)

Single ship TFs also seem much more vulnerable to sub attack. That's a purely anecdotal observation.

It's pretty tough though to launch an effective DC attack from the bottom of the ocean. :P

AW1Steve -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/27/2013 10:18:58 PM)

As a related question, is a ASW group actually more effective then say....8 DD's in a surface combat unit?

rms1pa -> RE: ASW groups or singles? (7/28/2013 3:17:39 PM)

funny you would mention that Steve,

i don't know the algorythms but when i had a surface group leaving Seattle the subs potted one of the APDs, after the attack the APDs did some searching and dropping.

rms/pa

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI