replenish TF (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

MikeMark -> replenish TF (1/12/2003 3:45:16 PM)

I had my replenishment tanker in the same hex with my carrier fleet, it was set to follow the carrier fleet.

During the orders phase I clicked on the carriers to fuel at sea, then clicked on the tanker and ordered it to fuel TF at sea, but nothing happened.

What is the proper procedure to get it done? Thanks.

Oliver Heindorf -> (1/12/2003 4:35:37 PM)

hmmm dunno if this works with a TK, i use an AO for this purpose.

have you tried this ? But i dont know if a TK can handle this too.

Admiral DadMan -> (1/12/2003 11:07:37 PM)

Do this:

With the Carrier TF in the same hex as the TK or AO TF, select the Carrier TF. Then click on the "Refuel TF at Sea" button for the Carrier TF.

You have to take fuel from the Replenishment TF.

Nomad -> (1/13/2003 12:34:24 AM)

Does your AO/TK have fuel loaded? I got caught by this once.

MikeMark -> (1/13/2003 3:01:12 AM)

OK, let me wipe the egg off my face. Still learning on Coral sea, and since the senerio set up a replenish task force to follow the two carriers I took for granted they would have fuel for refueling, but you are right, I don't see fuel listed.

Drex -> (1/13/2003 3:06:13 AM)

Admiral Dadman is still correct: you must click on the TF to be refueled then hit the replenish-at-sea button.

NorthStar -> Self Replenishement (1/14/2003 12:43:19 AM)

Off topic, but . . . .

Has anyone noticed whether or not a Replenishment TF can replenish itself?

I thought this used to be possible, but lately when I've tried it, it doesn't seem to work.

Is there any reason why it shouldn't?

Drex -> (1/14/2003 12:48:01 AM)

I've never had one run out of fuel before. I would think it feeds off of its own storage tanks.

NorthStar -> (1/14/2003 11:05:21 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Drex
[B]I've never had one run out of fuel before. I would think it feeds off of its own storage tanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

I would think so to, and I swear it used to work this way. However, lately it seems that I have had Replenishment TFs run low on fuel, and they did not seam to want to refuel from their own stores.

The only way I could refuel was to split the TF in two (with an AO in each), refuel them from each other, and then put them back together.

I'm just wondering if this is SUPPOSED to be this way or not.

DISCLAIMER: The game I am currently playing was started under 1.40, so that in and of itself could cause a problem.

Drex -> (1/14/2003 11:28:18 AM)

At least you figured out a novel solution. Just remember not to send out single tankers in your replenishment TFs. I'll have to watch mine but so far I've just run out of fuel oil for the TFs. It sounds like a minor game problem.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI